Modern Japanese booster boxes

I’ve gotten several different modern japanese booster boxes, the japanese equivalent of shining legends, hidden fates, evolutions, and the tag team all stars. They’ve all raised signficantly since ive purchased minus the tag team which hasn’t had much time to raise. One I always wanted to get was the pokekun box as it was a good 300 to 400 when I started buying these booster boxes over a year ago. Since then all my other boxes I got have doubled if not more yet the pokekun has heavily stagnated, still having a BIN with best offer at 430. Why did the pokekun stagnate so much when it had already done so well before? Just a loss of interest from buyers?

A lot of new people joined due to Hidden Fates and are not really concerned about the XY era and this may be a reason why we are seeing a recent boom in sets post Hidden Fates, also there’s a price ceiling to sealed product, I’m assuming people who have $400-$500 would rather spend on WoTC then a modern niche category set.

Edit: my bad not post HF, S&M sets.

1 Like

Almost anything that was already valuable has shot up during covid. Grand party trainer just as an example has doubled give or take during this year and thats a very niche card people returning to the hobby wouldn’t even know exists. Maybe pokekun just got a little shadowed during this years boom.

I just looked at the card list, there’s a regular charizard Holo, and FA Flareon EX and Pikachu EX, Sylveon EX, these cards don’t seem to be as valuable when you break the box down. $400-$500 seems like a fair value for what’s in the set. There’s nothing unique about the set except the sealed product, I know its a bit wrong to compare to the english Generations set but these card values in English hasn’t moved much at all, with prices sub $15 for raw NM and we know the ridiculous PSA 10 prices atm doesn’t really gauge actual value.

Box/booster prices do not always directly correlate to card prices and vice versa. Whats in a set will make the sealed product worth more or less but it’s also determined by how abundant the sealed product is. English and japanese evolutions singles are similar in price but there is far more sealed english evolutions hence the lower price point.
Also I’m talking about why has pokekun not raised during this covid boom when it was already over 300 while my cp6 booster more than doubled. I could see cp6 doing so well because its a reprint so related to the original base set which was what boomed most because of newcomers going for the most nostalgic set/what they know.