Modern English Speculators Are The Worst

So this is something I’ve complained about in patreon and decided to make a thread. Modern English box speculators are the absolute worst right now. Every single auction block I get at least one of these:

I only sell a handful of modern English boxes a month, so these ratios are unreal. To make this even more ironic, one of the boxes was directly from a tcpi employee…

Basically there are so many clueless speculators in modern English. This level of buyers remorse is unprecedented. Not to mention the amount of instant cancelations I receive every single block, it’s English modern boxes by a wide margin.

Anyway I just thought I’d share for those who don’t sell. This is by far the highest amount of issues I’ve ever experienced with a specific category in the hobby.

31 Likes

“i opened a pack and there was no holos but that doesnt necessarily indicate foul play”

What the fuck? :rofl:

15 Likes

This raised my blood pressure. Really sorry you have to deal with this garbage.

Unfortunately, I think it is going to become even more common as prominent Pokétubers highlight their experiences with resealed vintage packs and an inexperienced/paranoid playerbase joins the sealed market.

3 Likes

This is such embarrassing behavior lmaooo

Do they really think an account like yours is gonna scam them? For modern?

2 Likes

Aren’t all grounds for an INAD case forfeited once the box seal has been broken? It’s extremely frustrating, but if the buyer doesn’t ask for a refund before they open the box I don’t see how this is the seller’s problem (obvious buyer’s remorse aside)

1 Like

Holy cow, unreal.

“Yo, I know Pokemon’s quality isn’t great, but this glue, it’s gotta be resealed. Couldn’t just be from the factory…”

“Yo, I didn’t get a holo, please refund!!”

“Yo, this plastic sounds like it’s been resealed - it’s speaking to me and telling me that it’s not legit.”

6 Likes

“This box is resealed”

“What makes you think that?”

“Vibes, man. The vibes are off.”

18 Likes

The guy is sure the box is resealed, but can’t tell if the cards are authentic… I’ll post their username once its all resolved. Currently on the phone with ebay.

12 Likes

This is just one thing I don’t get about people hoarding modern sealed. They put all this paranoia into the world but don’t expect it when they’ll go to sell in a couple of years?

9 Likes

Jesus :man_facepalming: what a waste of time.

To be fair, you are known for your trophy cards, modern sealed is a totally different beast. You might try to make a little side hustle making fake modern boosters, I’d be suspicious too.

10 Likes

Just an example they don’t know what they’re doing. I kinda feel bad for them. They’re just trying to make money but have may not have the patience and knowledge to succeed or really thrive in this hobby.

1 Like

Update, they opened an item not received case. Which they closed because tracking showed delivered. Now its a return, with images showing they opened the box…

Btw here was the original listing: Pokemon 2016 Evolutions XY English Booster Box Sealed New | eBay

5 Likes

Having had the misfortune of watching some live streams featuring this guy, none of this surprises me lol. The people “investing” in modern sealed product are the lowest common denominator.

8 Likes

Do we have a recommended eBay “ban list” in this forum? It might be helpful to identify individuals who regularly open cases and claim garbage like this.

4 Likes

Yep, looks like every other sealed evo box with shotty wrapping :skull:

It’s a shame eBay doesn’t have a minimum IQ requirement

4 Likes

Per mods’ message, the E4 Blacklist is currently being reworked but in the past there was a giant thread for buyers like these

5 Likes

Another unfortunate update, ebay recently changed their policy where the magical algorithm doesn’t allow them to step in on a false return case… I’ve spent over an hour on the phone and you basically have to accept returns, even though the buyer has uploaded photos they opened the box and its not what I sent them.

I’m going to call ebay again, and if it isn’t rectified, Mondays video will be spicier than I planned.

29 Likes

Really makes you think twice about selling booster boxes on ebay. Loosing $500 sucks but imagine if it was a skyridge box or something, buyer opens all the packs, claims foul play and sends you back a GI Joe box.

2 Likes

If this new policy is true, I’m denying all sealed modern product moving forward.

I cannot overstate how many problem buyers there are right now in english modern. Its at a level I’ve never experienced before in any other category. And I only do a handful of boxes a month.

7 Likes