Mitsuhiro Arita Autograph Guide

Recently I was able to have a great conversation with a very nice guy who knows **Mr. Arita** personally! He books Comic Cons down in Florida, and has Flown **Arita** down from Japan for them a few times, as well as been able to hang out and go to disneyland with him. (I was extremely jealous..lol) He told me that **Mitsuhiro** is an extremely nice man and speaks English very well, just "spotty" at times. I was super glad to hear that my favorite artist was also super cool! šŸ˜    

**-**I also learned that, while working for Pokemon, Arita has only met Ken Sugimori a few times. I thought this was odd since they have illustrated so many cards and have worked as illustrators for Pokemon for around the same amount of time.
**-**One of the coolest things I learned was that Arita drew the FIRST pikachu! He was given a few things that helped formed the drawing, and he did the rest! How amazingā€¦

I purchased a few Autographed cards from him, and I hope these will help others when buying autographed cards they are unsure about with Aritaā€™s signature. :blush:

He also shared with me a couple custom pieces Arita did for him. I can share a one drawing and a video, but I have to keep the others private unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face:

i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag421/pottsinator1/13499845_10206239359606753_974104622_o_zpszereakk4.jpgYour browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

10 Likes

Nice share. Love seeing these dudes (and dudettes) personalized.

1 Like

Thanks for the guide! And itā€™s cool that you have such good connections. Hopefully weā€™ll be seeing him at Worlds!

1 Like

Did you see sketch ideas for new pokemon? :open_mouth:

I wish! Haha no.
Just a couple Pokemon related customs that he wanted to not be shared due to Pokemon copyright laws.

1 Like

This is so sweet! Arita is one of my favorite artists as well, its awesome to see these autographed cards. I especially love the new Alakazam, you always see older autographed cards but the new ones are great as well.

So jealous of your friendā€¦pals with one of the greatest TCG illustrators of all time!

2 Likes

I just canā€™t get my head around the fact that he has only met Ken sugimori a few times, do the artists just work at home when doing poke stuff?

1 Like

not too surprising lol. Even if theyā€™re famous illustrators, doesnā€™t mean they canā€™t be NEETs haha