Milhouse Collection - 6th March Update - PSA TCG Special Return

Sent away 14 cards for grading at CGC, all Pokemon this time.

Interesting regrade on this Masaki Gengar. Years ago I sent it to PSA and it got the dreaded PSA 6 Masaki Holo treatment there. I cracked it and kept it in a binder.

Real shame not to hit the quad 9.5 on the Rayquaza Vmax, but for a modern English card to get a 9.5 from CGC out of the pack is doing pretty well tbh.

Melony and Frosmoth 10s

And the most hype return of the sub, a card I sent not on a whim but as a last minute addition to the sub just to round out the number somewhat. My first every quad 10 graded card from CGC

10 Likes

Congrats!! Awesome return all around

1 Like

Honestly I dont know what I’d be more hyped about; the quad 10 lvl x or a masaki gengar regrade from 6 up to an 8. Awesome results!

1 Like

Pristine Melony :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Just got back from a holiday so just some on the computer desk photos of what I can back to.
Got sent this listing by a friend that was an absurdly cheap price considering the cost of grading at PSA. Very happy to add her next to my regular FA 10 from CGC.

Did a trade with a fellow member here to start the ball rolling on a little promo release I have wanted to do for a long time now.
1/6 down.

13 Likes

Sent off another 19 card order to CGC. Not sure I will send to CGC for a little while, after doing 3 smallish subs already this year. I’ve spent a lot on grading, and cards in the first 3 months of the year. I am considering signing up for PSA membership and trying to get some 5 slot submission slots from the lottery they do. I have some cards that I really want graded with PSA(either for financial gain or collection reasons).

CGC do better scans than I can do, and I do not take good photos so I am sharing the results with their scans as I do not have the cards in hand yet.

6 Likes

That Charizard V and White Mage are stunning! Congrats!

@milhouse, does your CGC 8 masaki gengar have the two bites/dents on the corners? Just curious, because I have seen some with bite marks/dents getting PSA 8. I still some photo examples on my phone. Apparently PSA don’t treat them as real dent because almost all of them have it.

Some recent additions. I left it way too long to finally get the Rayquaza FA, but I am very glad to finally tick it off the list. The Darkrai is one of the best FA cards ever produced and I am so pleased to have it in my collection.

I also bought a PSA membership for the first time since 2014. The 30 USD grading tier is worthwhile enough for me to send a few cards that I have had sitting waiting to be graded since 2019, it still needs to come down more for me to send the pile of cards I have waiting but for these it was either economically worth it or I just really wanted the card graded with PSA. Unfortunately CGC have made the decision to raise their costs for sub-grades which makes their Bulk + Sub-grades service the same price as PSAs 30 dollar tier. It’s a shame, as they have the vastly superior label and I thoroughly enjoy the hunt for perfect 10 cards.

It’s a combination of economics and consistency. It’d be foolish to grade some of my cards with CGC instead of PSA purely for value reasons, but more importantly for me I want consistency in my collection with goals I haven’t finished where I already have most of them graded with PSA. I will still be using CGC for grading other TCGs and will occasionally send Pokemon cards.

Finally my first self subbed PSA sub since 2014:

11 Likes

That Rayquaza scan :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Taking advantage of the PSA 18 dollar special. Don’t mind if these cards are away for half a year or more.

12 Likes

Good luck on the duskull! Those shiny dp cards chip harder than most for some reason. Oh and discord is proud you are part of the gs greninja gang! :handshake:

2 Likes

Always was.

1 Like

Beautiful cards to submit. Wishing you great grades!

2 Likes

Love the variety in this submission! I don’t see a lot of the XY ancient trait cards graded, but the artwork on them is so good.

2 Likes

Generally underrated, the only one that has seemed to take off in popularity is the Gyarados, for obvious reasons. I would have loved to have seen these stick around for more than a few sets.

I imagine some more marquee Pokemon getting cards on these would have made them more popular overall.

1 Like

PSA return about 2 weeks ago. This was sent when the 30 dollar value got opened up. A lot of the sub isn’t posted here, probably half of the submission went straight to PWCC for auction as this was their purpose.

Some also not shared for future goals completion reveals etc, but still some awesome stuff to share.

I love the DPPT shinies and this Voltorb might be my favourite. This is my 2nd.

I have these two gen 6 starter to go with the Chesnaught ex promo. I’ll do a group shot in the future.

Crazy to think SM came out in 2016.

I am also a big Godzilla fan and Spacegodzilla is one of my favourite variations, as dumb as the lore is. Fun fact, as you can see by the release year, this came out right before corona virus really took off for this first time. An altered version exists but is rarer.

Ancient trait cards are some of the most underrated cards in the TCG. This Gyarados might be the best one. It also allows me to do this amazing group shot with the Hiroshima Gyarados I already had.

I will have another sub returning soon!

14 Likes

Nice Milly! Those dpt shinings are a pain to grade!

1 Like

My 18 dollar PSA special returned last week. Overall it was a strong return, a couple of annoying 9s and some 8s on some DPPT shines but nothing unfair.

This is one of my top tier Charizard artworks. Happy to substitute this Japanese one for the English one I had.

The 420 Charizard will be a 1500 dollar tax if I ever sell it.

Tag All Stars and Dream League are S tier sets.

Japanese Primes are some of my favourites. HG/SS era continues to be one of the best.

Ancient Traits cards will gain the respect they deserve in due course.

15 Likes

Great Greninja return! I have up trying to find a 10 candidate, so hard to find.

1 Like