Mewtwo normal Vending (Unproven Theory)

Being from the same year wouldn’t matter. What matters is who printed the cards and who they were printed for. Those other promos were not for Corocoro. All Corocoro cards during that era were glossy and I likely own almost every one during that era.

You also seem to forget cards that were promos with the Pokemon CD that came glossy and some came non-glossy. So you saying glossy cards only come from sheets is 100% WRONG!

Same with a card even like Computer Error?
That’s another card from that time with a Glossy Vs Mat finish.

I understand the whole who and what they were printed for, but Pokémon’s history of printing an extremely low quantity of prize/promos cards given away at tournaments and as prizes, have ALWAYS had a mat finish when it was later mass printed for the public and given a glossy finish

Mew Glossy See this listing. All promos that were reprinted for the CD promos were exactly the same as prior prints. Glossy cards were glossy and nonglossy cards were nonglossy. Believe me, I have done hours of research before letting everyone know this info. Spending hundreds of my own dollars and many hours on this. I also spent another hundred dollars on a high-resolution scanner so I can provide everyone with better images. I will also be trying to do the same for the other corocoro illustrator design cards as I have time.

Am I misunderstanding something? Seems like this whole premise lies in whether or not PSA has labeled the Design Contest correctly here?

No, because it isn’t labeled correctly. I pointed out the differences between the 3. 3 prints. 2 labeled correctly although 1 is from the Masaki sheet and 1 is from the normal vending sheet. The other is the design contest Mewtwo, just not labeled properly.

How do you know that the one you believe to be the Design Contest winner is just not a slight variation in printing from one of the other two? Why do you believe your copy was one of the 20 given out to the winner?

Because I have another ungraded copy and can verify the color differences. There were only 3 prints. Check eBay and all online sources and find a variant that doesn’t align with these 3.

You didn’t really answer my question. Of the 3 cards you own, how do you know that, of the two with the leg error, one is 1 of 20 cards given out to a winner of a contest?

I do not know that for certain no. If I did there would have been no point for research to verify what it is… :unamused:

1 Like

If the only differences is the shadding I have 3 of the corocoro design contest cards. Seems highley unlikely that I’d end up with that ammount of them, but Aetsen if you’re so convinced, I’m willing to sell you them all plus my masaki printed version for the low low price of $10,000 for them all. I might also be able to get you some ocean front property in Nebraska.

Printing machines run low on ink bud, it’s not that uncommon for print variances in shading. As for the corocoro design contest differences, unless someone can produce a certificate that says where they got them, or there’s a clear difference in the card vs the glossy ones we can find, there is no way to tell them apart.

1 Like

Gg @aetsen ?
I mean to think that you’re scooping these up and nobody else has been wise to them for 21 years…
I mean, it’s just not that likely. But hey, you got some nice gem vending cards :wink:

I’ve been buying many cards people have been blind to for years. Every Japanese prize card has 188 or less given out and most less than 100. I have been buying all I can get my hands on. It’s not my fault if others don’t do their research.

1 Like

Oh no

6 Likes

Actually, I said I looked forward to opinions and debate. Everyone has an opinion, but it doesn’t make them right, nor does it make the evidence I have presented wrong. I have had people PM me saying they can clearly see it as well, but because some of you want to act like asshats it seems people don’t want to speak in general chat.

Everyone came along with opinions and not any relevant information other than the guy who pointed out the longer move text. I was looking for helpful information and not a bunch of negative nancies. The Pokemon community and the world is toxic enough without you guys trying to troll all the time. I challenge anyone to prove my evidence wrong. Until then I will be looking for more information under the assumption that my evidence is accurate.

The evidence is clear as day and I provided quite a lot. Perhaps you should look at the PDF I linked with better images and perhaps you will not be blind. The easiest way to see the differences is by looking at the dirt around Mewtwo’s feet. The other people were fine, but you were trolling for sure and making an ass out of yourself. I would expect better from an admin.

1. You have presented no evidence that your copy is the one awarded to the Design Contest winner. In fact, there is good reason to believe that you are not the owner of 2 copies of cards that only have an expected release of 20 copies. This is relevant information.
  2. Myself and others doubt your initial claim. I can’t speak for what was said on Discord but in here people are trying to have a genuine conversation and not really trying to troll you.3) You have yet to provide any evidence so I can’t do anything to “prove you wrong”. When you have information on whether or not the winner’s copies were glossy vs non-glossy or some other reason to believe your copy one of the 20, then it’d be in a position where I could refute evidence.
    Are you actually after the truth here, or are you just interested in proving you have some extremely limited card? It would be extremely unfortunate if someone believed your story, bought the card at a stupid price and then it turned out you were wrong.
    EDIT to address the above comments: a slight saturation variance is not evidence this card is given to the winner of the contest and limited to 20 copies.
7 Likes

Right now your evidence is, this is a variation of the card I know there’s ___ number of variants; therefore, this variant must belong to ___. This is not solid evidence. You need to show evidence that says this is the variant, not a guess. You would also have to prove there’s not more than the set number of variants in question. It’s far more likely that there’s four or more variants vs you and me randomly having the exclusive one.

Relevant evidence I’d like to see. A document from Corocoro/media factory confirming the cards came from the design context. The original owner of the cards (the artist) saying these are the cards.

Till either of those things or something else concrete comes along that says these are the cards, I can’t believe any guess that you have on which version is which.

With that said if you want to buy mine in the off chance that it’s an exclusive variant and you’re so confident I’m willing to sell you mine. Make me a more than fair offer.

I am almost sure that PSA mislabeled your “design contest” card.
I had in my hands hundreds of vending series cards and a lot of them had color variations (including your Mewtwo).

I know how to contact the designer of the Mr. Mime card, she still has her Pikachu Illustrator and her Mr. Mime cards (or at least one).
I will try to ask (personnaly or with the help of a Japanese collector) if her Mr. Mime is glossy or not.

4 Likes