MegaShiningMagikarps collection- Victory Medal set

A nice card in the post today…So i took a gamble with this… the listing only had one photo of the front. I could see it was OC but that didn’t bother me as the card is for my personal collection, not to flip! Something that did worry me was that the seller relisted it 2 days later with the same pic but for £150 more!
Well it all paid off! No whitening on the back and just a tiny mark on the top border, its very difficult to see and not visible in these pics. Having only spent £550 ($700usd) on it, i am very pleased!

Master's Scroll by Simon, on Flickr

17 Likes

Beautiful. Looks like at least a PSA 9. Worth double what you paid. Nice grab!

1 Like

I never realized how insane that holo is :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Yep that Holo is sick, wow

1 Like

Much like with the CoroCoro Comics Shining Mew, the correct lighting really makes Master’s Scroll’s amazing holo pattern stand out. Congratz on this beautiful addition to your collection!

1 Like

Its only taken me 3 months to add an update…

Kamex Computer errorKamex by Simon, on Flickr

Tropical WindTropical Wind by Simon, on Flickr

16 Likes

Beautiful cards! Any plan to grade them?

1 Like

Yes. The Kamex is already with PSA and the Tropical wind will most likely go next month.

1 Like

Whoops… forgot to update this…
My Masters Scroll and Kamex computer error came back from PSA a week or so ago.Very pleased with the result of the Scroll! The Kamex got the expected grade due to an indent on the bottom left corner.
Also a new addition to my collection… a raw Fan Club Magikarp which I bought from a close friend.

15 Likes

Jeez… 6 months since my last update. Plenty of new additions… Here’s a few of them…

Not really new additions… but fairly recent back from PSA.

14 Likes

Very nice additions! The Rayquaza and Giratina cards are very neat (and niche) and deserve a lot more recognition.

1 Like

Look who’s back…

18 Likes

Any story on the raw card acquisition?

2 Likes

Nothing exciting unfortunately! I picked it up early last year off YJ for 400k yen. It was off a seller that is renowned for his minty cards.

Man I love your high end collection and your commitment to the Karp!
You’ve probalby seen them already, but there is a Fanclub Magikarp and a Unikarp up on Yahoo auctions atm, in case you don’t have enough of those yet :wink:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words! I should probably showoff the extent of my karp collection on here one day… ha.
I am watching those auctions thanks but I don’t think I’ll bid. :grin:

1 Like

A big thanks to @dunsparce0p for sending me a link to this Victory Decoration! Very pleased to add it to my collection. :grin:

15 Likes

Early 2017 I set myself the goal to complete the no rarity base set in PSA 8 or above. I finally completed it earlier this year (April) after a Japanese collector contacted me willing to sell me the final card I needed.

So my set consists of:

25 PSA 8s
1 PSA 8.5
58 PSA 9s
12 PSA 10s
I have been working on upgrading some of the 8s to 9s.
The photo is a bit blurry sorry.

27 Likes

Yeah how you dare to upload a blurry pic, not sorry there. Nice now my collection is a pile of crap :grin: Congrats!

1 Like

This set is easily one of coolest historical aspects of this hobby to me. Massive congratulations to you on such a momentous accomplishment!

1 Like