Hey folks! Wanted to create a separate collection thread for my current obsession: Pokemon in water. I got ideas for the initial collection from this thread and have been adding to it over the last month. Now that my pond has grown into a lake I’d like to share it with the crew.
I love this collection because I can mix up cards from different Pokemon, artists and eras while still having a cohesive identity. It’s more specific than a standard Pokedex collection and feels less intimidating to complete.
Some guidelines I follow:
- All water type cards since I prefer the look of all the blue backgrounds together.
- While the focus in on Pokemon in water, I also allow for the Pokemon being near or on water if the water takes up a large part of the background.
- All Japanese unless it’s an EX Era Reverse Holo since those are English exclusive or the English version was much cheaper and/or easier to find.
- Organized in Pokedex order. Eventually I might try for a complete Gen 1 Pokedex or even complete National dex of water types where such a card exists.
- I kickstarted this collection from my existing cards and haven’t spent more than $30 on any individual new card.
Thanks everyone who suggested ideas in the original thread! I’m happy it got so much engagement.