Masters Guide for Pokemon WOTC Corrected Errors & Test cards

@muk This thread only includes English WotC cards, though. :blush: Otherwise I would know a few more errors, like the French Jungle Eevee (having the flavor text and weakness/resistance/retreat cost of the Fossil Ditto) or French Mewtwo promo (having the incorrect name) or Italian 1st edition non-Holo Fossil Aerodactyl (having an English 1st edition stamp instead of Italian), etc. Then again, I don’t think those have corrected versions.

@jkanly Very cool to see it’s updated a lot already. :blush: A few more that come to mind, although no idea how common they are:

1. I’ve seen a Neo Discovery Scizor with a similar error as the Neo Revelations Holofoil misprints:

Here is my own regular Scizor to compare it to:

1. Another one I recently saw, although I’m pretty sure is fake, is a Dragonair with the same kind of heart stamp as the pink heart Clefairy. I’ve seen it two times thus far, but with the stamp in slightly different positions (near the bottom of the artwork)… Here pictures of those:

Above ‘ra’ in ‘Dragon Pokémon’:

Above ‘ké’ in ‘Dragon Pokémon’:

1. Is the misaligned Base Set Water Energy uncorrected? Can’t remember anymore, but I thought both corrected and error versions were available?

2. The Legendary Collection Reverse Foil Exeggcute is also misprinted with with holofoil Psychic/Grass energy symbols:

PS: Although a cool error for sure, I would exclude the French Crown miscut Scizor. It’s not English, nor from the WotC era… :sweat:

PPS: There is a theory that the 1st edition Ivy Pikachu isn’t an error, but intended to be placed in Jungle packs instead. Here the relevant thread with information. I’m not saying it should be removed from the list, but you might want to link to this thread and mention the information. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes