Masaki Gengar damaged case from shipping

Well said. Although you have to use some previous knowledge/common sense, can’t quite take that logic 100% literally otherwise right now I’d go buy the other Gengar for $1000 and then relist for $2000. Although Gengar is a popular mon, that price is quite substantially out of line compared to the other Masaki cards. But I hope everything works out for him, I don’t have the balls to do stuff like that lol.

1 Like

@sherbert13, @pkmnflyingmaster,
This was the sellers response when I asked for a refund. I don’t think its nearly enough for the hassle. what do you guys think?
[img src=“i.imgur.com/66nN3J6.jpg”]

It’s up to you really, Ebay will side with you if you want a full refund, it doesn’t matter if he doesn’t accept returns, or just accept the $20 partial, do whatever you prefer.

2 Likes

agreed with above. You got a current fair market price as far as i can tell. PSA may take a bit with them just now accepting orders again so you can ether hold for a bit and get it regraded/re-cased or continue on with eBay.

If you file for a refund with ebay you will win. In general, it’s a shitty thing to request a refund over buyer’s remorse but you were “lucky” enough to also have a fair reason to file a return

In the case of receiving a damaged item, You are entitled to a refund on return of the item regardless of the sellers no return policy.

If you’re confident the card wasn’t damaged by the crack, a partial refund doesn’t sound like a bad idea. If you think $20 is too low, send him a counter!

I “over paid” for my Alakazam & Gengar. Best thing I’ve ever done.
You can get the card re-cased easily if it’s something you feel like doing. You’ll just have to say goodbye for awhile which is hard to do. :joy:

I would take the partial return and use that money to have the case reholdered. Ebay will side with you though if you want to return the item and buy another one, but if its buyer remorse that is pretty low to take advantage of ebays buyer policy.

Due to what the 10 just sold for and what 8’s are now going for. 10 went for for $1730. 8 went for $190. It’s hard to find the card mint ungraded and they don’t appear all that Often. I would say $500 sounds like a fair value for a 9

That was a 9???

2 Likes

Exactly the comment I was looking for Gary. I was scrolling through the comments to see if nobody else picked up on that. The back does look a bit rough for my personal taste, not what I’d expect or want to see on a 9.

2 Likes

Thats rich coming from you… especially after you said that blatantly misgraded Latios “look like 10s to me” in THIS thread…

2 Likes

Well well well :angry:

Focusing on the thread, I think you should ask eBay for a refund. The seller is responsible for damages during transit and “refusing returns” isn’t a valid argument in this case. This will never regrade as a 9.

1 Like