Major Misprint, Real or Fake?

It’s real. A ton of collectors have them. Nobody questions their authenticity. I believe someone opened a theme deck with every card having this error. He slowly sold them off about a year ago on ebay.

1 Like

@cross What was this?

Judging by @fritz, comment I’m guessing the Evolutions errors.

Yes, it was haha. I figured it would delete the whole thread.

FAKE.

No pics = fake

2 Likes

I’m assuming you were talking about the XY Evolutions cards where the front and back were printed on the same side, and the other side is blank? I actually have bought a Gastly from that seller. Will post a picture here for anyone else wondering what was being talked about before the picture/main post got deleted:

I will be completely honest, when I first saw them on eBay I also thought they were fake. But then loads of misprint collectors started buying them, they turned out to be real, their price raised to over 100 USD per card, and only then I heard about all this… The entire Deck of that seller was like this (kinda a bummer it was the Mewtwo Deck instead of Pikachu Deck, but partially glad as well - Pikachu would have already been long gone…).
If only I had bought them when they were around 50 USD. Still, I’m happy with my Gastly, even though I paid around 125-150 USD for it a few months back. Very cool looking error. I’m not really an error collector, although I do really enjoy them, and used to collect them in the past for Yu-Gi-Oh cards for a brief moment.

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes