Mail Delay Febraruy 2021 - Every Carrier Is Delayed

I wanted to let everyone know there are major mail delays for every carrier right now. This is due to the recent winter storm. It has backed up delivery for everyone. To the point where PSA has halted all outbound Fedex & UPS shipments.

I have overnight packages that are going on a week. Multiple express packages both inbound and outbound with no updates. Its essentially back to nov/dec 2020 for the time being.

Here are the banners sellers can reference for buyers:

11 Likes

“Mail Delay Febraruy 2022 - Every Carrier Is Delayed”

Are you from the future, telling us there will be a shipping delay again in a year from now?

On a serious note, I was just blindsided because I shipped something Monday through FedEx overnight, and it finally got delivered today (week later). I hopped on their website to file a claim because I was under the assumption that FedEx guaranteed their overnight delivery service and times. Apparently they stopped guaranteeing it at the beginning of COVID, and are yet to re-enable it…

#feelsbadman

4 Likes

@kpod, Haha! I saw the date 2/22 and just keep typing 2’s :slightly_smiling_face:

And I have the exact situation happening right now with an overnight fedex package. Paid for the fastest possible delivery, and its going on a week.

Yep, can confirm. I shipped out a package from Buyee via FedEx International Priority (usually 2-day delivery) and it hasn’t left Japan in a week.

Glad to hear there are mail delays across the board and not something unique about my package.

I see buyee just started offering FedEx as an options, I have a large amount of items I’ll likely have shipped to me later this week. Previously had you opted for DHL through them? DHL always got to me in 3-4 days, even during the last 12 months.

I just received a package this morning from Japan (to Canada). Shipped out Friday via FedEx International Priority.
Maybe I got lucky

Yeah I’ve gone with DHL for years and never had any issues even recently. But that shipping has always seemed expensive to me and FedEx was about half the cost.

DHL’s Buyee fees also go from about $70 in shipping fees for a 3.5kg package to $200 for a 4.0kg package. Since they’ve been the only available option, I’ve been really careful not to send anything out that would go over 4kg, but FedEx’s rates are much more linear.

I had 2 DHL express packages delayed a few days. Which is very rare.

Could be impacting US or anything that goes through the US only? My domestic (Canada) stuff has been fine but yeah, anything going through the US has been MIA upon arrival. Just waiting it out now and hoping it gets there sooner rather than later.

You guys are used to snow :wink:

In all seriousness that is the answer. The south, especially texas do not have snow plows or salt trucks. They had no way of dealing with the weather. Many businesses shut down for days, including mail.

2 Likes

@arkhive, Only mentioned it since FedEx always routes my packages from Japan through Memphis, TN and I didn’t see a delay.

@smpratte, There’s probably some truth to that, the snowbanks at my house are taller than my truck

1 Like

That is good to know, I’m excited about possibly a cheaper shipping option compared to DHL now.

One side question, do you guys opt for the extra padding option when choosing the consolidation option through buyee, or just the regular option?

“ To the point where PSA has halted all outbound Fedex & UPS shipments”

Who would’ve even noticed anyway???

10 Likes