Lost Promo 027/BW-P Pokémon Catcher Has Been Discovered

No idea hahah. There doesn’t look like there is anything to hide.

Could have been a test print or something though, but i’ve never seen a bar like that before.

1 Like

Very interesting.

The black bar was added to the photo most likely via Ms Paint, it is not on the card

2 Likes

Could be, but why though​:man_shrugging::sweat_smile:

031/BW-P Metal Energy has been posted

3 Likes

This thread makes me feel super… whelmed. Not overwhelmed, not underwhelmed. Just the right amount of whelmed

7 Likes

Well, you wouldn’t want the identity of this emolga to be online without its consent. I am guessing he could not reach him for his consent.

3 Likes

Lmao, should maybe have blacked out the name on top of the card as well, in that case​:eyes::joy:

4 Likes

Definitely is, you can zoom in and look for yourself, most probably he is doing this so no one else can steal his images and claim them as their own.

2 Likes

Interesting to see. Makes you wonder what other cards may still be out there?

Part of me believes that these exist somewhere… or at least used to exist

I’ve never seen these. What’s the story?

From Bulbapedia:

Pikachu and Raichu were planned to be released in the Plasma Freeze Three Pack Blisters, but due to the cancellation of an English Landorus Box, BW Promos Landorus and Druddigon were issued in the Blister Packs instead of Pikachu and Raichu. Because of this abrupt change in products, there was not enough time for this promotional card to be repurposed into a different promotional product and remains unissued.

This makes it seem that they were actually printed.

1 Like

Taken from the Bulbapedia page-
"In Japan, this card was released as one of the BW-P Promotional cards and awarded to participants of the Pokémon Card Game Classroom deck building learning events held during May 2012. Those who had already participated in at least one session were awarded a Pikachu promotional card. Participants using that card in their deck in another session were awarded this card.

Pikachu and Raichu were planned to be released in the Plasma Freeze Three Pack Blisters, but due to the cancellation of an English Landorus Box, BW Promos Landorus and Druddigon were issued in the Blister Packs instead of Pikachu and Raichu. Because of this abrupt change in products, there was not enough time for this promotional card to be repurposed into a different promotional product and remains unissued.

On July 21, 2014, Pokémon.com updated their card database with images of all 101 BW Black Star Promos, releasing images of the two previously unknown promotional cards falling at BW77 and BW78. By the end of the night, however, the official site had removed any trace of the Pikachu and Raichu cards. They are still visible and available in the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online."

tl;dr they only exist in Japanese because of a last minute product replacement in the US @thymeee

1 Like

These cards were going to be promos in English Plasma Freeze three-pack blisters, but were changed last minute to the Landorus BW79 and Druddigon BW80 promos because TPC believed those Pokemon would be more popular with children.

@thymeee ,@nish ,@enigma , Thank you everybody! That’s fascinating, I hope to see them pop up someday :grin:

1 Like

Side note: the Japanese cards have a special stamp since it was a promo

1 Like

This is very important information. I love stamps on cards!

To make matters even more bizarre, the guy has deleted the 3 tweets.

Their bio seems to imply they’re wanting someone to buy their entire collection from them, so I’m guessing they’re trying to drive up hype until that happens?

Fun fact: whelmed and overwhelmed mean quite literally the same thing: “overcome in thought or feeling”.