Lost Package / Refund situation

Hi guys!

I’m normally only a buyer of cards, I’ve never actually had to send out an item until now. Recently I purchased a Full Base Set for a binder, but it was missing several key cards so I used the “Item Not As Described” option and started the return process. The buyer refused to send me a return label so I went to the postal office the next day and paid for the return shipping out of pocket. I used international priority shipping (with signature on delivery) from Belgium to the UK and 3 days later the package arrived in a sorting center 2 miles from its destination. Sadly though, for the next 2 weeks it didn’t update, but I figured with all the COVID-19 goings-on it was to be expected. Now fast forward to today, eBay has made a final decision stating they consider my package as lost and I won’t be issued a refund in this case. First time shipping something out and it gets lost, just my luck. So now I’m out ~ € 1300 because I sent back the cards and paid for the return shipping out of pocket. Do you guys know the best course of action from this point on for me to recoup my money? Thanks for your input!

Hello,

You need to call PAYPAL and explain the situation.

By the way, did you take a picture of the parcel ? I mean where we can see adress of the guy and number tracking ?

You need to insist with the employee of paypal that you made all in order and they need to re-open the complain also you go to make a complain vs Paypal for abusive refund.

All my problems with paypal are solved with the phone. Human with an human.

good luck

1 Like

Idk how your mail system works, but did you insure it? Can you make a claim with the post office? Also, can you open a research ticket with the post office to have them try to locate the missing package?

Other than those options there’s nothing you can really do through EBay if they’ve decided it’s lost. Keep an eye on the tracking for awhile in case it ends up making it to its destination and is signed for, then maybe show that to eBay to appeal their decision if you have proof it finally made it.

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the input. Yes I took a picture of the package showing the seller’s address and the tracking number etc. I haven’t a complaint with PayPal at all, everything so far was through eBay. So I should open a case with PayPal as well? I’ll see what I can do.

I’m going to swing by the postal office tomorrow as I only just came into all this information today. No idea if it’s insured but I paid a hefty penny for the shipping so maybe it’s included. I’ll definitely make a claim and have them open a ticket. Thank you!