How it works? eBay claim

Hello guys,

It’s not really related to ptcg but hopefully you can help me.

Recently I sold 5 games on eBay and due to weather conditions USPS is dealing with some massive delivery delays.
Only one of the five packages has been delivered, the rest four aren’t even available to track on USPS site.

What’s weird - package I sent as the last one arrived within just 7 days.

Four packages are somewhere in US already (I guess) but as I said - tracking hasn’t been updated.
So when I put tracking number on USPS site here’s what’s showing up:

One of the buyers opened claim on eBay, it’s been 13 working days since I sent his package to him.
Package left Poland after two days from the day I sent it out. When I click “See case details” on eBay there’s info that I have to work it out with the buyer till 12th March.

And here’s my question - what happens when the item won’t arrive/tracking won’t be updated till 12th March?
I know that PayPal will give buyer a refund (well, they’re already blocking my money) in my name but WHAT’S NEXT?
What happens if the item arrive after buyer gets a refund?

Maybe it’s a noob question but well - I’ve never had any problems with my packages… and I don’t know how it works really.
I’m afraid of the situation when eBay close a case, buyer will get his money back and he’ll receive package after that and won’t give me my money back, is this possible?

I’m 99,9% sure that all four packages will arrive sooner or later and that’s why I’m afraid, I really don’t want to lose ~500$… LOL I guess no one want :grin:

Thanks for help guys!
Jakub

Ive been waiting on a package from canada since early december. I’m in the paypal process now and am pretty sure he never sent as tracking info he provided was bogus. I expect that i’ll receive my money back but of course if by some miracle it arrives after that i’ll resend him his money. Not sure how you go about making someone do it though. If you can get proof afterwards that they did indeed receive the package you may be able to go through a process however I have no idea how…
I’ve always been under the impression that once ebay closes a case it’s closed for good??

Well, if the tracking information on USPS site will be updated then yes - I will have a proof that they received package.

I would understand if the tracking won’t be updated within 30 days + from the date of purchase but it’s been only 13 business days and I do have a proof or shipping and tracking information from polish tracking site with the exact date of shipping, but eBay and PayPal doesn’t give a… you know what.

As from what I found on Google - after eBay case is closed it’s only up to buyer’s good will if he want to give seller his money back. Perfect.

I hate to say it, but the “Origin Post is Preparing Shipment” message is often the USPS kiss of death.

It’s the USPS failing to take responsibility for packages that have indeed arrived in the United States. They failed to scan the package when it arrived at the receiving hub, and there’s a 50-50 chance they won’t scan it ever.

Your best bet now is to file an insurance claim with your own post office in Poland.

Sorry that you’re going through this, 13 working days is a too soon to open a case for an international purchase, IMO. The only thing you can do now is wait and hope for the best. Good luck :blush:

Thanks guys.

Today two of my packages has finally showed up - the ones I sent out on 23th February has been scanned and tracking is updated.

Although two packages I sent on 17th February (with one of them I have a case on eBay) still hasn’t been updated. I really hope that in few days tracking info will be available. Fingers crossed.

Also remember paypal claims process can take a little while so you could get a few extra days for it to be scanned during that time.

Unfortunately both packages I sent on 17th February hasn’t been updated yet… What’s weird - one buyer opened a case on eBay 10 days ago, the other buyer didn’t even contacted me.

**UNFORTUNATELY 5 days after eBay closed my undelivered item case the tracking status HAS BEEN UPDATED!**Ebay closed case on 20th March, USPS left notice on 28th March.
I contacted buyer about this case - he didn’t message me back, now I see that he has scheduled redelivery…
He received FULL REFUND on 20th March.

Do you think I can do something with this if he’ll pick up the package?
I already file a claim on my post office in which I stated that if they’ll found the package I want it to be returned TO ME.

I’m REALLY pissed off with all eBay and USPS stuff lately…

I would contact eBay and try. What do you have to lose?

This just reminds me why I pay extra when I purchase from sellers doing this for a living. They deal with this BS on the regular.

1 Like

@omahanime, yeah, I’ll try to contact either eBay or PayPal about this, now I have to wait and see what’s going to happen with the package itself, maybe buyer will contact me, ehm…

I’m really curious how eBay will react for something like this because it wasn’t small amount of money - 125$ >.<

If the buyer will pick up the package I’ll also contact my post office as I filed a claim on 15th March (so it’s been 20 days ago) and as I said - I stated there that if they’ll found my package I want it to be returned to me.

churlocker, that’s pretty sad, I don’t get it why PP and eBay always take the buyers side. I know there are sellers that scam people (which is pretty hard to do imo and makes no sense according to PP and eBay policy, it’s even harder imo to make a scam when you’re a seller, right?), but there’s also a lot of buyers that does the same thing and eBay doesn’t even bother to do something with them.

Sad, but just a reality of business. There will always be people willing to sell through eBay. They rely on buyers more than sellers. A good seller is worth more to the buyer, but a good buyer is worth more to eBay. And so eBay sides with buyers.

My wife used to work for PayPal. She said when she worked there they would go after the buyer.

The reason they take the buyers side is to keep buyers coming back.

Oh yes, I understand that they want to keep buyers coming back, but this is the situation in which buyer got his money back and got his item. It was only USPS fault that the shipping took so long…
I’m still hoping that buyer will contact me, he’s got about 400 positive feedback. We’ll see.

After WEEK PayPal finally replied to my message. Yes - it took them 7 days to reply, after I sent them 3 e-mails.

They said that it’s eBay transaction so they wouldn’t take any action in that case.

I contacted polish eBay but I kinda lost hope anyway.

Great … I just lost 125$

If you want add this buyer to your block list (he opened case after short term, then he won’t reply to my messages)
Here you are:

Spoiler

billyjr1

Just an update:

If you’ll have the same situation - don’t even bother contacting eBay or PayPal - they don’t give a shit, sorry I just can’t find any other words to describe their approach to this case. They just don’t mind to even contact the buyer.

Buyer received his order after 39 days, it was USPS fault that it took so long - I sent package 2 days after payment received (package left Poland after 2 days from the date I shipped it out).
Package arrived only 9 days after the case was closed.

And the buyer - he didn’t even reply to any of my e-mails (all of my e-mails were very polite). I thought he’s 15 years old kid, but I checked his Facebook profile and he is like 50 years old, lol.

So yeah, I lost 125$ and I had to pay fees for that listing too.

1 Like

You can call ebay to cancel the transaction and get a refund for your listing fees.

I agree with @elam18. Call eBay, don’t email or anything like that. Get a real person and state your case. They will do what they can, I have good experiences with calling eBay.

Ditto