Looks like someone is trying to sell a "Prerelease" Raichu

www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/977903199419355/

The card looks so glossy and almost like a shadowless with the text and lightness of the card

just from this one pic it looks fake as hell

1 Like

Also, the price is instant alarm bells. 7K 5.5K is a joke if an actual legit one ever surfaces for sale.

2 Likes

If he was close by I’d love to take a look at the fake, but I’m not about to drive 20 minutes to him haha

1 Like

I mean 20 minutes is as close as it will ever get, this guy is like a full day away from me haha - would make for some funny content if you do ig or youtube for sure! :wink:

3 Likes

" I want all buyers to feel 1000% safe" XDD

Dude 20 mins is super close by. I live on the other side of the planet

4 Likes

That card was posted on reddit earlier this week, and multiple people called it out to be fake.

It also looks laminated based on this picture:

Not to mention the Raichu itself is off-centered if we look at the black outlines. So my guess is the entire card is fake, instead of it being a real Raichu card with fake stamp as I originally thought.

And considering one that was supposedly legit sold for 10.5k USD in 2009 (now owned by #1 English collector David Persin), the 5.5k USD in this market is indeed a joke as mentioned by @c0ll3ct0r .

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

It’s not laminated, it’s a rare vending variant…clearly

So here’s the most recent update. Should I actually meet him and bring my base Raichu along to see how fake it actually is? If I do meet him, is there anything specific y’all would want to see? Now is the time I wish I would have ordered that jewelers microscope

Nah avoid, we all know it’s fake, don’t risk getting mugged for some E4 cred lol!

7 Likes

Exactly.

For all we know, the guy doesn’t even have a fake card to show. He’s just looking for somebody to show up.

1 Like

There’s no point in engaging with this individual and already this thread has provided more exposure than necessary to something that is undeniably fake

1 Like

imagine thinking that a 20 minute drive is far.

But it’s fake as hell, so maybe it’s a waste of time even if the location was across the street.

1 Like

It’s funny how literally everything with the card screams fake: the letters, the energies, glossy top, off-center raichu, off-center card surface, font, even the shade, size and saturation of the stamp is fucked up. A true hack job.

Someone should convince Persin to let professionals study his copy down to the last fiber, because scam attempts with this card is going to happen again and again and again. And if the “one sheet theory” is true, the micro details of his should be pretty telling of the others.

Imagine thinking that wasting close to an hour of my life to view a fake card is worth it

The problem is you can make a 1 to 1 copy if you really wanted to. Real Base unlimited raichu are cheap, and pokemon outsources their stamps. There is nothing propriety about them. It’s just only been basement dwellers making low effort fakes. But this card is by far one of the easiest to fake, hence why it should never be graded.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, that’s why I think we’ll see them so many more times, because all it takes is an unlimited Raichu and a fake stamp.

But if, and it’s probably a pipe dream, say all the details of the card but more importantly the stamp of Persins presumed “authentic” copy was examined down to the last detail, people would at least have to go a long way to get the stamp right.

I’m thinking things like measuring the level of the stamp, the exact color code and similar things. But then again, at that point you’re applying more specific measurements than what was used during production itself, so the results are über dubious…yeah, pipe dream lol.

1 Like

Ya don’t wanna end up like this guy:

Fake as fake can be… Such a shame that the Prerelease Raichu was such a valued mystery to be faked again and again…
We still speculate whether a “real” one is actually “real” or just a standard base Raichu stamped prior