Looking for advice on creating blog/website

I have been collecting/playing the Pokémon TCG - with some longer and some shorter interruptions - since back in 2000. Aside from cards, I have been also collected all kinds of mischellaneous information over the years. Particularly since the lockdown months of 2020 I have also gathered quite a lot of information and statistics on card rarities and pull rates from youtube pack opening videos, both for older and newer sets, and am thinking about how to make it public. In principle I could post it here under “articles” (and likely will if my other idea doesn’t work out) but I am seriously considering making a website/blog, particularly since a lot of the stuff is very random and doesn’t really fit in a single thread. Do any of you guys here have suggestions that are
-inexpensive (doesn’t have to be free)
-easily understandable for someone with limited programming experience and absolutely no html/javascript knowlegde
-at least moderately user-friendly
-available in Europe (Switzerland)
Would be glad to hear if any of you have experience in the matter.

I used wix premium for mine:
Qwachansey.com

It was super user friendly. I happen to know HTML/CSS/ A little Javascript but never once had to use it.

It costs $14/ month. I don’t make any money off it but maybe I will one day.

4 Likes

I use Squarespace when I need to build a website for work, very simple to use and the sites look professional

1 Like

I use Carrd. co. it’s super cheap, like $9 a year for the pro plan that lets you use custom domains and have up to 10 sites. They are, however, single page sites that you can split with “sections” to look multi-paged. I’m building my collection site on there and have some other mini sites for various projects.

But if you’re looking for something more full-featured I’d go with one of the other two mentioned. Just figured I’d mention it because you wanted cheap, and Squarespace in particular will cost you.

1 Like

As someone who works on websites for a living - I’d suggest not building a site. It’s a lot tougher to bring attention/remember a static site vs being part of a larger database like bulbapedia/efour. If you just want to publish articles about a variety of things you could make a medium account. If you’re set on your own site though try Squarespace, Wordpress, or Wix in that order and find out which UX you like the most.

8 Likes

Thanks for the tips! Hope I find time to look into it in more detail over the christmas holidays.