Looking for a corrected Kinebuchi “Ivy” Pikachu promo (JP CoroCoro) [$2,000] (Updated with story!)

Upped price to $1,500, also increased my finder’s fee.

Ratcheting the price up every two weeks may appear impatient but what’s actually happening is that I’m fundraising for this card specifically, so I’m able to raise my asking price as I increase my funds.

10 Likes

Best of luck!

1 Like

Damn StageCoach! Is this 3rd print, glossy, corrected artist the rarest variant of the card? I kinda assumed the 1st print glossy Sugimori was! Either way, its difficult to track down a decent condition copy of even the Sugi one (thats the one im after rn). Good luck in your search! I really hope you find it, if you do, id love to see a picture! Best of luck!!!

3 Likes

Price upped again.

3 Likes

Had someone message me about one of these that had unfortunately sold privately before I even got a chance to make an offer. This was a couple weeks ago. Needless to say I have not slept since, and am currently living naked in a cave doing primitive wall paintings of Pikachu. I am covered in yellow pigments and howl at the lightning when it rains.

Hit me up if you’ve got one.

15 Likes

You’ve hit your primal reversion. Hard to watch

3 Likes

This inspired me to play with the new status function.

6 Likes

Oh cool new function! Had no idea that existed.

1 Like

This is probably a very basic reply and probably isn’t helpful, but I’d still be interested in the answer… have you immersed yourself in the Japanese forums/twitter/instagram to search for this card?

I’m imagining there is a serious Japanese underground network of collectors who deal in high end/rare cards like this… I just wondered if it was possible for ‘outsiders’ to infiltrate these circles?!

Best of luck in your endeavours though. I massively respect the journey that you’re going on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unfortunately I speak no Japanese at all, and at best I can do machine translated searches on auction sites.

2 Likes

Got someone with BOTH copies graded CGC 9 and 8.5 for the tail shifted one. He only wants to sell as a pair and wants in excess of 4K it sounds like. He’s open to sell though for the right rediculous offer.

How bad you want BOTH in one go? Says he sold an UNPEELED lottery sheet for 6k.

2 Likes

I would like to see them. Please hit me up. I would certainly buy both, condition dependent.

Image removed to ensure 1st chance for stagecoach on buying. I will put back up once any deal concludes.

Check your DMs. I will buy these.

4 Likes

Oh my god is it finally happening?! :exploding_head: :eyes:

2 Likes

Not with the price this guy wants. :upside_down_face:

Seeing what I can do. This will be an extended negotiation.

3 Likes

Ugh I hope it works out. He just needs to realize how few can justify spending so much. I have no idea what the prototype is worth but over 1k for the kinebuchi pika is already a lot.

Fingers crossed that you find a copy soon.

1 Like

I had a really productive conversation with someone earlier in the day that might still close on a high note.

But I admittedly got excited about this double-feature prospect. But I am also a realistic person and ultimately only want one of the cards. I just would take them both if the opportunity presented itself. But it seems he has high hopes for the prototype and doesn’t want to break the pair.

It is nice to see the prototype exists. Earlier in this topic I wasn’t sure if was actually real. If Quuador has not laid eyes on one yet himself I’m sure he will be elated.

I don’t want to discuss the details of an ongoing negotiation but the owner shot down my first two offers without hesitation.

7 Likes

giphy-25

5 Likes