Logan Paul & Cryptozoo [Warning: drama]

There’s some truth to that. I dug a bit deeper, and in my previous comment I underestimated the amount of crypto scams that Logan has already performed. It wasn’t just Cryptozoo and Dink Doink, he did the same thing 6 times already.

Fortunately we already know what his next “project” will be: Liquid Marketplace. Logan’s grand idea of digitally fractionalizing real world trading cards and collectibles, where he then sells you crypto tokens that are supposed to represent ownership of the item in question.

I already covered the most concerning points of the LiquidMarketplace ToS on e4, including the dev team’s ability to change the token price on a whim, the existence of buyouts that allow a holder of 80% or more of crypto tokens representing an item to buy the remaining 20% against the will of the other holders, and the clause to give up any rights to litigate claims in a court.

We had the Liquid Marketplace communications manager in the thread and he did his best to explain why Liquid Marketplace is super trustworthy and secure, but it didn’t convince me and he also contradicted the ToS at times. But you can read that for yourselves.

In a nutshell, I wouldn’t touch Liquid Marketplace with a ten foot pole, because a crucial element of that system is trust (trust that no second identical token will be released out of the blue; trust that the inner circle won’t just change the token price to enable Blitz-buyouts; trust that “a dev with the code” won’t just escape to Switzerland and leave the project dysfunctional; trust that the undisclosed vault where you had to send your collectible to before you could fractionalize it won’t get robbed by someone who’s totally not an insider). And in light of the recent revelations, that trust can’t possibly be there.

14 Likes