List of Fake Card Sales

I’ve seen a few posts about the recent frustration about fake card listings on Ebay (with some going as far as fake booster boxes). As a collector, I’m frustrated that in the back of my mind, I have to think about the legitimacy of a reasonable auction that I find. Ebay seems to ignore the sellers reports, even though sellers are the ones that are likely to police their peers.

Here’s are two snippets from Ebay IP policy:

• “Only intellectual property rights owners can report eBay listings that infringe their copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights. If you are a rights owner, you can file a report from the VeRO: Reporting an Infringement page.”
  • “[Listings] can’t include authenticity disclaimers or deny responsibility for the items offered in their listings.”

If no one objects, I’d like to compile a list of ebay fake card listings (that claim to be authentic) to pass on to Pokémon Card Company in hopes of them filing a complaint against Ebay. If there are objections, just close the thread and pm me :stuck_out_tongue:. The Pokémon Company has a legal email, and Nintendo of America has an ebay VeRO profile (but their profile seems to mention software more than anything else).

Try to format posts for completed auctions listed below (I believe ebay links expire after a few months, and the collection period may be longer than that):
Listing Name, Item Number(you can find this when you report the auction), Date, Seller, Final Selling Price in USD, was it reported to ebay (Y/N)

List:

1. “pokemon card pidgeot, tropical mega battle, trophy picture frame”, 321768624127, 6/01/2015, gto-n8, $20, Y

There’s a guy on a few of the Facebook groups making fake high end cards and selling them. Can give his name if required.
Fakes of the illustrator and smb trainer etc.

@drewcastle please do post it because I feel as a community we need to stay on top of this. Especially with high end cards. Imagine buying one yourself only to find its fake. I don’t know the user off my head but a guy on ebay uk is constantly selling fake plasma blast/phantom forces boosters. Once I find him again ill post here.

Usually the fakes of the higher end items are laughable.

First to make the list, I suppose. Fake cards sold in big lots.

www.ebay.com/usr/yj0706top?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

Just a note: If a card is a 1st edition holographic NON-SHADOWLESS from Base Set, it’s fake if it’s in English. However, if it’s in another language, like German or Spanish, they can be 1st edition Base Set holos and have shadows. Shadowless cards were only released in English. I think some of you might already know this, but just a heads-up to those who don’t know. Base Set is a very expensive set to collect, especially in English, so I feel this is a good reminder.

1 Like