Legitimate Error and Price-Check

I have been keeping my eye on this Pokemon Card for awhile now:

www.ebay.com/itm/322113479578?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I recently messaged the seller expressing interest in purchasing this specific card. Before moving forward with the purchase; I just wanted to get a few other opinions on this card:

1.) Is this a legitimate factory-error? (I Believe it Is)
2.) What price-point would you value something like this?

THANKS for your Help!

Although there ARE cards like that one that were distributed from the factory, both through packs and direct from the factory floor, I personally think the cut on the card isn’t quite right.

The vertical cut registration errors typically don’t also have deformed or irregular cut borders (lower left and right front). I won’t say its illegitimate because that can’t be determined without having it in-hand, however to me it raises suspicion.

I’m on vacation now but when I get home on monday I’ll upload some scans of legitimate copies if desired :blush:

Edit: As far as pricepoint goes: assuming it was legitimate, somewhere between $80 and $200. That is unless somebody comes along that decides they can’t live without it and is willing to pay more

1 Like

I don’t like that bottom edge.

100% aftermarket cut.

3 Likes

THANKS for the Information Everyone!

Mainly cards like these will have the normal looking back while the front will have a miscut look to it.

Quote me if I am wrong. I am no expert on miscuts on cards