Legendary collection Charizard 3/110 difference

Greetings everyone who views this!

I was wondering what the deal is with this particular Charizard, there is a holo version and a non holo version that share the same number of 3/110. I’ve not known any other sets to have this occur in. Just looking for some light shed on this if anyone knows. Thanks alot!

And p.s. - are other rares in the set this way as well??

It comes off a theme deck, there is a Raichu, and a Charizard theme deck :blush:

1 Like

Hi!

The non-holo was released in the theme deck “Lava”

The Base Set Trainer Deck A Non Holo Machamp (8/102) and Trainer Deck B Non Holo Blastoise (2/102) were some of the first cards to do this.

There are 4 charizards in legendary collection

-regular holo distributed in booster packs
-reverse holo distributed in booster packs
-jumbo reverse holo distributed as a booster box topper 1 in 4 chance of getting a charizard (other box toppers mewtwo, Blastoise, dark raichu
-theme deck non holo charizard distributed exclusively in the lava theme deck.

Also in legendary collection there is a non holo dark Blastoise and non holo dark raichu exclusively distributed in the turmoil theme deck.

I was just thinking about where the Non-Holo Dark Blastoise came from - good to know!

I knew Charizard was in the LAVA Theme Deck. However, I always thought the Non-Holo in the TURMOIL Theme Deck was Dark Raichu - never knew it was a 50-50 between Blastoise and Raichu.

I had forgotten about these 2 cards! I guess from never seeing them I never think of them. Thanks for chiming in!

Thanks for the quick answers to the question everyone! And also thanks for the additional knowledge with the other facts everyone who chimed in, much much appreciated!