LampLamp's Collection

I agree! Back when I was just getting into collecting, I thought that I would stop at Gym Challenge. I started looking at the art for the Neo sets and the Neo Discovery Espeon and Poliwrath caused me to take the plunge.

3 Likes

Amazing display and collection. Iā€™m an aesthetics guy myself and the uniformity and display is everything to make the collection the most enjoyable! Have you considering buying some cheap LED strips to lay around the lining of your display to get some good light on them? I think you would really love them and it would make those holos pop!

2 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™m planning on moving sometime in the next few months so Iā€™m going to wait until after I get settled into the new place before anything else. At that point I will probably upgrade from these displayā€™s to some kind of enclosed display cabinet to help protect against dust and add lighting to that.

2 Likes

I love the collection! In a similar situation as you are with reddit. Its so annoying seeing all the posts about how much are cards worth.

Reddit is convenient, but I think i like the dynamic here more

1 Like

Thank you! Stick around for a bit, I think youā€™ll find that youā€™re in more mature company (no promises lol) :blush:

1 Like

So jealous of your great setup. I doubt my other half would ever let me dedicate this amount of room to my cards! One dayā€¦

2 Likes

Thanks! Originally I had my stuff set up out in the open but when my wife and I moved in together I got delegated to the closet. Thatā€™s ok though it prevents UV damage!

1 Like

As I mentioned in my last post, Iā€™m focusing on finishing my collection of WOTC Holo (excluding trainer) cards from Base-Gym Challenge & Southern Islands in PSA 9 1st Edition. The last two monthā€™s Iā€™ve finished Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket. Going to work on Gym Heroes and Gym Challenge for the next two months. I doubt Iā€™m going to finish Base set but who knows, maybe Iā€™ll win the lottery. Any cards missing here are up on my display.

Jungle:

Fossil:

Team Rocket:

7 Likes

Very nice collection! I look forward to your updates on the Gym sets!

1 Like

Thanks man, itā€™s going to be a while on the Gym sets, Iā€™m finding it difficult to get my hands on a PSA 9 copy of Sabrinaā€™s Gengar :confused:

Such a awesome collection!! All those PSA 9 1st edition wotc holos :yum:

2 Likes

Sweet collection! I had never seen _____'s Chansey before, so thanks for sharing :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not only a fantastic collection but displayed so nicely! I really love the arrangement you have there! (Trade you my damaged Base Set 2 Caterpie for it all? :rofl: jk)

1 Like

Truly awesome collection! Please just upgrade the two cards you have at psa 8 in the pictures (nidoqueen and golem) it triggered some kind of ocd in me I didnā€™t know I had lol

1 Like

Thanks man, I actually have upgraded 2/4 PSA 8ā€™s in that picture (you missed the Blaineā€™s Arcanine and Expedition Golem :grin: ) but Iā€™m still on the hunt for Crystal Golem. Iā€™ve been watching eBay but I havenā€™t seen a PSA 9 Holo listed in quite some time, only the Reverse Holo which I donā€™t like.

Thatā€™s great! Yeah itā€™s actually surprising how some cards are hard to find and others are listed almost daily. Good luck with it and again, awesome collection!

Happy Friday my dudes. To kick things off right, Iā€™d like to post my completed PSA 9 1st Edition set of Gym Heroes Holos (minus trainers). Also included are some of my favorite non-holoā€™s from the set. I have Gym Challenge nearly complete, just waiting on ebay bucks to drop next month so I can pick up Blaineā€™s Charizard. Enjoy!

14 Likes

Happy Sunday my dudes, Gym Challenge 1st Ed. Holos (minus trainers) in PSA 9 is complete. Iā€™ve got my last PSA 9 Southern Island card coming in so Iā€™ll post that set once itā€™s all together. I think Iā€™m going to be done for a while, a lot of adult life stuff is coming up that Iā€™m going to need to direct funds towards. All things considered Iā€™m pretty happy with where my collection is at, maybe pick up a card every now and then.

7 Likes

Very nice, looking forward to the pictures of the southern islands set!

1 Like

Mistyā€™s Gyarados, Rocketā€™s Mewtwo, and Giovanniā€™s Nidoking were some of my favorite cards from this set. I loved so many of these cards. Even the depictions of Dragonair, the legendary birds, hell even Tentacruel were some of the best artwork seen even to this day in my opinion. Amazing collection and congrats!

1 Like