Kudos Thread

What a cool thread I’ve stumbled upon.

@Dyl always seems to take the time to share knowledge on posts that have little to no responses (ask me how I know :grinning:).

I once messaged @mrbubbles out of the blue asking how he formatted his collection thread and he was more than accommodating when he didn’t have to be.

I commissioned a crochet Jolteon from @bbobrob and it blew away every expectation I had.

@fourthstartcg facilitates the Secret Santa every year which I’m sure is like herding cats.

I’m sure there are many more I’ve forgotten but will do my best to update as time marches.

15 Likes

@laneward Master thread maker. :1st_place_medal:

6 Likes

I would like to recognize @xileets for always having 12/10 profile pictures. Love the delibird :laughing:

20 Likes

Thanks, Will! I always hope that people get some enjoyment out of them. =)

15 Likes

I found a card I wanted on @lowpopping’s website and was able to work out a trade + cash transaction. He’s very polite and worked with me to find a fair trade for the both of us!

I decided to contact him with email (my instagram account usually doesn’t get replies back since I don’t post anything). It was pleasant to take time in our responses, which made the trade feel relaxed and not rushed.

As a bonus, it was nice to use PWCC vault to exchange things quickly

12 Likes

I was thinking about this last night too. I give them 6 out of 5 bags of popcorn
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

8 Likes

Shout out to @banks for being such a helpful, kind, and positive user! Your curiosity and willingness to dive deep into unanswered questions is so appreciated. If there was an “E4 Favorite New User of 2024” badge, I would vote for you.

:pikajoy:

14 Likes

Thank you Dyl! :slightly_smiling_face:
It’s an honor to even to be nominated for this year’s Golden Ball award

10 Likes

Thanks to @pfm, @banks, @mika, and all others who have made contributions to the playtest and prototype threads these past few days. So glad there are smart people like you out there to dig into these things and build tools to help people.

21 Likes

As things seem to be slowing slightly I’d like to shout out and give kudos to the mod team for being amazing at all the work in the background. I didnt run out of “likes” this whole week and there was no disruption to my browsing habits. Its the little details like that that really show you they care.

15 Likes

Kudos to @niece and all the love sharers over the next day or so! Such a fun event

11 Likes

Thank you @pfm for making the site fun for a day and implementing all the special interactions that make the forum really wonderful to use!

14 Likes

Thank you @pfm for implementing multiple drafts. It’s great because I can work on galleries which take time to collate, but can still create other topics as well.

6 Likes

I want to give an absolute huge shoutout to @sableguy , @rainbow and @Julius19. If anyone has been following the non-TCG identification threads, the past few days have been just amazing to see the amount of information that has been put out.

I am always surprised by the amount of non-TCG items a species collectors can amass while collecting for their species but to be able to identify every single item can be an impossible task. @sableguy joined the forum just this week and has really contrbuted immensely by identifying a lot of these non-TCG items, which kicked off a series of items being identified by the fellow forum users mentioned. The infomation is being curated in these 2 threads.

Giant Pokemon non-TCG identification

Orannge’s identification thread.

Thank you and a job really well done. It really makes E4 a place of knowledge for anything related to Pokemon card collecting.

Cheers!

14 Likes

An absolute huge shoutout and thank you to @rainbow for their on-going work on the Pokemon Fan (Magazine) project. This project is doing a great job in archiving some really cool magazine pages which I believe will work as wonderful resources to identify not only the TCG stuff but more importantly a lot of the the non-TCG releases (toys, merchandise etc) by TPC.

I did not comment on the thread itself since I did not want to spoil the great flow of just the scans. But please go and check it out if you have not!

Cheers!

16 Likes

I’m grateful for the kind words. Hopefully there is a bit of something for everyone.

I also want to acknowledge the admin of e4, whose support in hosting the content and community makes it possible. For context, that’s over 4,000 scanned pages so far — more than the main Harry Potter series.

11 Likes

Id like to give kudos to @swolepoke for their amazing eye in autographs. The amount of scams that make it by “trained” professionals is crazy to see and with a recent thread of a questionable Sugimori autograph, it got me thinking to how almost all provenance can be created by ai. Its amazing to have someone knowledgable like them in the hobby to be able to help and call out when something is off.

So even though my best autograph is from the e4 signature exchange, thanks for all that you do.

17 Likes

Kudos to @pfm for fixing the issue with nesting galleries inside of hide details divs!

This has really improved the look and ease of gallery creation

8 Likes

Feeling nostalgic this time of year, and even though I was a bit too busy for the e4 secret santa this year, I wanted to give a kudos to all my cabal pals, hoenn hoes and members that I got to know this year

@ddk for some great tournaments this year

All the mods for maintaining a semblance of order in a very chaotic year

@mrbubbles for all the positivity in the chat throughout the year

@lyleberr for keeping up with the qotd and not missing any days, as well as bringing us the flying balloon gliscor

Last but not least; @zorloth for a few legendary trades this year. All of which boosted my collection to levels that may not have been possible otherwise. As well as advice and tips

Many more, probably everyone I’ve talked to on here this year, but it’ll be too long a list

21 Likes

It looks like I’m not the first person but I’d like to give a Kudos again to @koala for continuing to create threads for each set and keeping them consistently updated. It’s nice having an easy source to digest each new addition to the TCG :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes