Korean TCG release dates?

I’ve been a small collector of korean cards and was wondering if there was a site or anywhere I could find when the new sets come out in korea? I haven’t had much luck looking around so far.

1 Like

Not a specific release date but they update the pack artwork on their new release sets, not sure if they do it before the release date or on. pokemoncard.co.kr/card/category/info1

2 Likes

I use the same website for information about Korean cards as well. I also don’t know if they announce upcoming releases either, though. My guess would be not, since the Japanese Matchless/Peerless Fighters set will most likely soon release in Korean afaik - they’re usually about 3-4 weeks behind the Japanese releases - and I don’t see it mentioned on the website (yet).

On the page @sanzonw mentioned you can click on a pack to see information about the set, as well as a release date at the very top.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Thanks for the info. I am eagerly waiting for the korean matchless fighters release. Planning on buying a few boxes in attempt to get that sweet galarian moltres SR.

2 Likes

New sets in Korea get announced in their official news section:

pokemoncard.co.kr/news

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the set as well. Once it’s released I plan on buying a box as well. I hope I’ll pull the Galarian Moltres as well, although I’m primarily after the Seviper and Zangoose for my Seviper collection. :blush:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Yes! What the people above said! You can also check Korean retailers such as www.tcgbox.co.kr and www.mtgkindleshop.com (click Pokemon on the left) as they often post listings for new sets a few days before they become available. I’d love to see photos of your Korean collection btw! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, but so far it isn’t anything to right home about yet. Thanks for the info though.

1 Like

It looks like 14th April might be the pre-release date according to a few posts I’ve seen on some Korean forums! Hope that helps a bit!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.
On a slightly unreleated note, does anyone know a good site to get korean singles from, that ships to the US?

Only webshop for Korean singles I’m aware of is tcgbox.co.kr. They only ship within South Korea, but you can use the middleman website harum.io for worldwide shipping. I’ve ordered like this three times thus far without a problem. (PS: International shipping from South Korea was pretty expensive a few months back since only UPS/FedEx/DHL were available due to the pandemic, which are a bit more expensive than standard international shipping.)

Alternatively, for non-Holo or Holofoil Rare set cards I usually just buy the booster box on eBay for 15-25 bucks to pull myself. For Ultra/Secret Rares; Reverse Holos (if they are in the set, which isn’t always the case); and promos, it’s a different story. If they are out of stock on tcgbox.co.kr your best bet is to find someone living in South Korea to help you out. If you or anyone else know about another Korean webshop that sells singles, lmk though. I’m still missing two Korean Pikachu cards to have all of them unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face:

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Thanks, unfortunately for me, I’m looking for BW era stuff. Which I can’t buy boxes of anymore to get what I want, so singles are my only option. Even more sadly, tcgbox doesn’t have much BW era stuff so I’m a little out of luck there lol.

1 Like

cough cough I know I’m pretty new to the forum, but if there’s anything I can help with lmk! I recently sold 7 Korean ADV packs on eBay and they took about 4-5 days to get from Seoul to NYC with EMS. Here’s another website you can buy singles from - www.mtgkindleshop.com/ but I think they only ship within Korea.

1 Like

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ehniHtrja0 Looks like it’s April 21!

1 Like

I’ll have to keep that in mind then ;3
Hyped for the 21st then to order some boxes of matchless fighters.

Yeah, of course! Feel free to make a post in the buying section with the Korean cards you’re after and I’ll see if I have any! Same - I’m so excited.