Kingdra collection update - slabs and binder

Well getting them all in PSA 10 will take me some time, as there is nearly 40 cards just in English (1st ed, unlimited, holo, non-holo, rev. holo etc.). I also collect Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Italian, German and so on, but I do not expect to collect all the 232 Kingdra cards and variations, so I will just hoard more and more PSA 10s and hopefully sell some of them at some point!

If I had to choose another pokemon, then probably Crobat - I really like the art!

4 Likes

Loving the aesthetic of this collection thread :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Very cool. Kingdra is definitely a cool pokemon and you already got the psa 10 crystal. Such an awesome looking card

1 Like

Thanks ! In terms of money, Crystal, 1st Neo Genesis and Aquapolis (H14) are the most expensive. After that it is hoping that someone decides to sell one before I die.

I also collect non-tcg and thereā€™s 5 Bandai Kingdra cards that I know of - really hard to get in mint condition!

1 Like

Dude Kingdra is so amazing. I guess Iā€™ll continue visiting this thread and saying the same thing over and over again.

Love seeing its beautiful orginal neo release, both eng and JP. I hope you get a 10 on that 1st edition. It is glorious.

3 Likes

I am sure every once in a while, we buy cards regardless of their priceā€¦

I just finally bought a Fates Collide FA Kingdra PSA 10 and paid another 80USD extra on top of it for shipping and customs.

WAS THIS WORTH IT - NO
AM I HAPPY - ABSOLUTELY

I was hunting for a pack-fresh ones for a long time but honestly, the whitening on this set was quite an issue, I even had cards come out as PSA 7 at most out of the pack. Next is the EX-Holo Kingdra.

4 Likes

Not a kingdom fan myself, but serious respect to the dedication!

Thanks! :heart_eyes:

Awesome! Love seeing species collections. Looks great!!

1 Like

@goonhoon, regarding Kingdra prime, I suspect its also because people arenā€™t very interested in grading primes. Also, Kingdra prime seems to be quite plentiful in supply, and quite affordable too.

From some anecdotal evidence e.g. GradedGroudonā€™s got a PSA 10 prime collection, Iā€™ve heard that primes are actually a bit tricky to grade due to the print quality of HGSS & the silver border that prime cards have. Nonetheless, perhaps you could consider trying to grade them yourself?

Lovely collection! Iā€™m definitely much more of a species collector than a set collector (:

1 Like

I certainly considered that, but out of the 5 mint raw ones I have handled all had either minor scratches or slight creasing on the border, otherwise in perfect mint quality. I have a JPN PSA 10 but those arenā€™t as hard to grade given the overall quality of Japanese cards.

I am not too strict about PSA 10s as of now, so when I find a nice PSA 9 I will probably buy that one. Thereā€™s one on eBay but I do not like how the back looks like ;P.

In other news: Thereā€™s only one Plasma Freeze Holo Kingdra graded in PSA across all grades (in PSA 9) and I found the seller yesterday. Already on my way to me!

2 Likes

9 Likes

Prime Kingdra in English (POP 7 in PSA 10) was giving me nightmares, so I at least got the JPN one for now (POP 11 ā€¦).

5 Likes

Kingdra is starting to grow on me recently. So this post is really cool and relateable

3 Likes

Kingdra has so many great arts, very nice collection!

1 Like

A new Slowpoke to add to my general collection and an AG Kingdra card from around 2005 I believe?

10 Likes

Trainerā€™s Magazine Vol. 3 - 1999

This is the 3rd issue of the Trainerā€™s Magazine. A few pages of this one documented the Tropical Mega Battle tournament that took place between 1999 and 2001 in Hawaii. To commemorate the event the magazine included a bilingual Exeggutor card.

This card was also given to those attending the event I believe, and had slight print differences to this one. The card was also reprinted in the Evolutions set.

(correct me if I am wrong)

5 Likes

Updated the main post! The Fates Collide FA is now my favourite card despite not being a fan of modern full art card artworks.

6 Likes

Finally found someone willing to sell one of these error cards to me for a reasonable amount:

6 Likes

Very interesting error. Congrats on the new additions! The texture on the FC Kingdra is beautiful.