Spanish

Out of these languages I know/have seen that these come in first edition:
English
Dutch
French
German
Italian
Spanish

I know Japanese did not have first editions yet. Did Portuguese have a first edition print run? Does Russian even exist?

3 Likes

@nickofturl, yes, there is 1st edition Portuguese

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/sets-and-languages-compilation-overview-list/16565/1

3 Likes

Thank you. I was actually trying to find this thread for reference.

Bulbapedia doesn’t mention which languages a set is released in. Those translations at the “In other languages” are nothing more than translations. It confused me at first as well, but they have those same sections on almost every page, including for example Berry (which even includes translations in Danish, Swedish, and Vietnamese, which never had any TCG releases).

But to answer your question: the Jungle set has been released in:

• Japanese (just unlimited edition with rarity symbol)
  • English both 1st and unlimited (with all Holofoil Rares in unlimited also available as errors without set symbol)
  • Dutch 1st and UED
  • German 1st and UED
  • French 1st and UED
  • Italian 1st and UED
  • Spanish 1st and UED
  • Portuguese 1st and UED

Portuguese 1st editions are definitely the hardest to get for the Jungle set. I eventually bought and opened three sealed booster packs to get my hand on the Pikachu (and I’m glad I got it that way, because it also contained a beautiful holofoil Jolteon :grin: ).

Here an old picture of all Jungle Pikachu cards (I do have some more misprinted versions now, and some more incoming):

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Thanks @quuador that makes sense now. I definitely can tell that Portuguese is hard to come by. I’m still searching for a first edition holo Portuguese, Italian, and Spanish Scyther myself now that CGC is grading all languages.

It seems that out of the languages besides English and Japanese; German and French are most common.

1 Like