Jungle/fossil 1st edition

How much is a fair price to target if you want to complete fossil/jungle 1st edition Psa 10. (All cards in the sets) ?

I guess jungle is more worth than fossil.

I’d suggest checking out pokemon price for these types of inquires. Its not completely up to date but it’ll get you in the ballpark.

1 Like

I would just tell you to check eBay sold listings, but @jcincy101 has already done the dirty work for you.

Using those value estimates, a complete PSA 10 1st edition Jungle holo set is worth about $20k while a complete PSA 10 1st edition Fossil holo set is worth about $15k. Add $2-3k to each set for the non-holos in PSA 10.

So altogether a complete Jungle set is worth about $22-23k and a complete Fossil set is worth about $17-18k based on current market prices.

Of course, it’s important to note that prices are just a snapshot in time and will continue to change.

It makes sense why Jungle 10s are more expensive. The average population for a PSA 10 1st ed Jungle holo is just 91, whereas the average population for a PSA 10 1st ed Fossil holo is 190 (more than double).

9 Likes

I also think there is the intangible value of availability. The Vaporeon for example may have a value of $3k but I’ve offered that and have been looking for it for months and none have surfaced. So the prices posted may be relative market values but that doesn’t mean the card is present on the market for that price or at any price for that matter.

3 Likes

The availability of the jungle holos is the main issue, the main reason I have had to kind of admit defeat on completing that psa 10 set. Good to know that the fossil set is worth so much too, as I’ve finished that.

Any idea on a full rocket 1st psa 10 set value?

My guess about $20k given approx market values (not that people will sell for the value though) I wouldn’t sell my 1st ed rocket set for $20k if offered right now.

2 Likes

Same, I wouldnt sell mine for that either. And i probably Wouldnt sell my fossil set for the above value either.

I’ll link to @jcincy101 's site again.

www.zandgemporium.com/

Looks like the holos add it to about $15.5k and again you can throw in another $2-3k for the non-holos I’d guess. So roughly the same value as a Fossil set.

1 Like

Here’s what you need: www.pokemonprice.com/TotalSetPrices

1 Like

Tangential topic: anyone here ever see a 1st edition fossil blister pack? Do those exist?

As cool as that would be, no they don’t

1st ed base set blisters are the only “1st” ed blisters WOTC ever did

1 Like

@hyruleguardian, does something like this exist for UED?

Gary has a 1st edition jungle blister, however he can’t recall where/how he got it.

1 Like

@acebren, he does? Is there a picture?

he’s posted pictures on this forum a few years ago, with some digging i’m sure you could find them.