Jungle and Fossil - Chinese and Korean prints?

As already mentioned by @kingboo64 and @jkanly , the Jungle set was not released in Chinese nor Korean. Chinese indeed released for the Base Set; EX Legend Maker; custom sets during Sun & Moon era that were different than both English and Japanese; and for the Sword & Shield era it follows the Japanese sets.
Although it focuses on Pikachu, I recently posted all information about Chinese releases in my collection thread.

As for Korean (for which I will do a similar ‘Pikachu around the World’ part in my collection thread later), there are a few more sets. For the first generation only the Base Set was printed, as well as the Mewtwo WB promo. The next Korean set after that was EX Ruby & Sapphire. Then came ten custom sets in 2010/2011. And from the BW era onwards (all the way up to today in the Sword & Shield era) it mostly followed the Japanese releases in both sets and decks, although it did skip some of them here and there, or had some custom sets/decks that were slightly different than their Japanese counterparts.

The only exception for the Chinese Jungle set is this Pikachu, which is from the Pikachu World Collection 2000 set of nine, released in Australia. This set contained nine Pikachu cards, each in a different language, and all of them had the golden tail stamp at the left side. (The Korean Pikachu in this set of nine was the Base Set card.)

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like