Jumbo Japanese Giratina

So I have recently acquired a Jumbo edition of the Japanese Giratina card 048/092 from Platinum expansion. Does anyone have any info or have any idea how much it could possibly be worth? From what I can tell it was released as part of a set of 5 other jumbo giratina cards in 2008. O the back it has some kind of advertisement for the Pokemon World Championship. That’s about all I can find out about it, I can’t even find any pictures of the jumbo version.

PM me if you want to sell/trade it. I’ve been looking to finish the set :blush:

Anyways, here’s some info!

So we (@elam18 and I) discovered these cards back in 2013.

Here’s the listing where I first found the card: www.ebay.com/itm/280891349328?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Man, hypercath used to be my favorite ebay seller :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways, basically, the info you already posted is about all there is :confused:

Here’s a link to a PokeBeach thread where a few of us talked about the card: www.pokebeach.com/forums/threads/jumbo-cards.114196/#post-2443330
^Read from page 1 to 3/4

I’ll get back to you with pictures :blush:

There ya go :grin:

And I also found a screenshot of a website with more info, so if you’d like, I can re-research the jumbos for ya, although I’m not sure how much more info it’ll provide.

EDIT: Found the website again. So those pictures are of the movie promos that are normal sized cards, and the website only talks about those promos. However, I’m 99% sure it’s confirmed that those are the 5 Jumbos (I don’t think anyone has a full set yet, but then again, I’ve been out the game for a long while so who knows now).

I’ve heard that all the Jumbos are 1st edition.
When shopping for these jumbos, if the picture does not clearly show the size, you can tell it’s a jumbo by looking at the square corners (the normal cards are a lot more rounded in the corners)

Here are pictures of two other actual Jumbos:

I own a copy of this one, and it came with a cool envelope and a nice promo letter.

1 Like

MORE LINKS AND PICTURES:

www.elitefourum.com/t/all-possible-pikachu-cards-any-help-is-appreciated/11910/39

www.elitefourum.com/t/from-the-japanime-vault-updated-october-24-2021/11101/158

I sold 3 to CLaire… I think she has a complete set. All the info above are correct. They are also consider a mouse pad, because of the texture in front

1 Like