Bandai 1997 Pikachu Special Jumbo carddass card

Hi All,

Looking for the history of this card. Any input is welcome.

As far as I’m aware it was a promotional card released in anticipation of the '97 Bandai Carddass set.

Unfortunately I do not know much more than that, I’ve asked a number of sellers and that’s about the extent of what they know, these non-tcg cards are a nightmare to track down and learn about because they don’t have much reach outside of their native Japan.

Although I can say this isn’t the only promotional material released for this set, but I’ll need to do some digging to find what screen caps I have saved.

Also I’ve seen them listed from £200-ish up to £400, whether they are remotely worth that is beyond me though.

2 Likes

I have asked more info on te below site. Great to see I received this reply:

**Jumbo Carddass has a promo card. It’s a Special Jumbo Carddass Pikachu.

It was given to participants of the 1997 Tokyo Toy show, held at the Tokyo International Exhibition Center(Tokyo Big Sight Inc.) from March 19th to 23rd (General Open Day is 22nd and 23rd).**

Also the link with more info: pokeboon.com/about-the-series-of-a-bandai-pokemon-carddass/

3 Likes

That’s an awesome find, thanks for sharing!

Love this card!

Happy to say I now own this card. Like to get more inside in this card.

Is it possible to get this card PSA graded or does a PSA version already exist ?

Any figures on the volume existing ungraded/graded?

Are there members owning this card and willing to share this so we can come to some count current known.

Any other suggestion?

1 Like

I don’t own the jumbo card myself (I’m envious of you for scoring one!) but I do have the set it promotes. In addition to the regular cards, the set also included a couple of promo checklists with some incredible Ken Sugimori artwork.

1 Like