JR's OG Pokemon Collection

I’ve been collecting Pokemon cards and other original merch since the franchise came out when I was kid. With so much buzz around the TCG and collecting in general I figured it was a good time to join the forum and show some of the pieces I’ve gathered over the years.

I included a couple of favorite pieces…I’m collecting the original Japanese release Monster Collection figures right now. Anyone else collect these alongside the TCG?

9 Likes

Cool stuff! Those Arita signed Charizard and Pikachu cards are dope, I love the little doodles with them and the display setup you have with Pokedex entry looking labels. Also looks cool to see the OG 151 Pokemon laid out with their cards in Pokedex order like that

@jdefense96,thanks the cards are all PSA graded/authenticated but I use those labels to display them. The bright red border PSA label border can get kind of annoying to look at imo.

For whatever reason I feel more nostalgia when I see the Tomy toys more than when I see vintage cards (I had 100x more cards than the tomy toys when I was a kid).

I love the custom slab labels

1 Like

I love the Scizor boxtopper. That specific card holds a special place in my heart, it was my dad’s favorite card back in the day. He’s more a coin/dollar guy, but he may like a framed one of those for his office down the road…

thanks, I think its a neat way to display them. Looking at the same old red bordered psa labels gets old for me.

When i see so much cool cards together i smile =)
Especially when commons and uncommons appear and not 10 goldstars with a bunch of charizards XD
Your Custom Pokedex Slabs are an awesome idea! Hits Hard!

1 Like

Those umbreon and Espeon figures are sick!

1 Like