Jeremy Padawer / Pokémon toy partner (2006-2012, 2018+)

Hello everyone!

I’m Jeremy Padawer. I’ve held the Pokémon global master toy partnership / license (outside of Asia) for much of the last 15 years.

Originally, I was an executive at Jakks Pacific. Then, in 2017 Pokémon made a strategic investment in my company, Wicked Cool Toys, and granted us the global toy rights. In late 2019, we were acquired by Alleghany Capital through Jazwares, a company which now I’m a partner.

Last month I announced my purchase of the 1st edition shadowless base set, and I’ve been actively purchasing since. I had quietly been buying Pokémon product prior to this investment, including Ishihara GX PSA 10. Long story, but it all started with a missed partnership dinner… which will never happen again! LOL.

I’m forever grateful to be associated with the Pokémon brand, and I will be posting here more actively as well… now that I have truly been bitten by the TCG collecting bug.

And, I’m very thankful to find you all here. And you can always find me on Instagram @jeremypadawer

Here’s a link to the original announcement of Pokémon’s strategic partnership with Wicked Cool Toys.

www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170508005264/en/Pok%C3%A9mon-Company-International-Names-Wicked-Cool-Toys

Sincerely,
Jeremy Padawer

51 Likes

It’s great to see you on E4. Best of luck with your collection goals!

Welcome to the board Jeremy! Your instagram link didn’t work. Is it just your name?

Welcome aboard :blush:

1 Like

Ayyeeeee !! That’s a familiar name haha

1 Like

@jeremypadawer , Great to have you here Jeremy! I did hear about your purchase of the PSA 10 1st edition set recently for $129.5k. Amazing purchase if I do say so myself (considering the individual cards easily add up to over $150k.) With one stroke you completed a goal I’ve been working on since 2009 :joy:(currently 3 trainer cards short of completing a PSA 10 1st ed set).

Your Ishihara card is really neat too. Such a unique piece!

This community is by far the best place to discuss and get information about everything relevant in the hobby, especially the high-end of it.

Looking forward to having you around and seeing how your collection grows.

Woah! Incredible background. Can’t wait to hear more! :open_mouth: Welcome Jeremy! I’m recently new to efour as well

Welcome, good to have you here. Your 1 of 25 Pikachu figure is amazing (and the cards but that goes without saying).

Really appreciate the outreach here. What a great community!!!

Welcome - great that you’re here!

Hi Jeremy. Well welcome. Will you be offering some E-four specials on Pokemon Toys? Thanks. Also would like to request making Dark Pokemon toys, like the Dark Blastoise… Is that on the horizon?

Also what’s your favorite pokemon? lol

3 Likes

@jeremypadawer, Welcome to E4. Saw your interview with Talking Shop. Very insightful and inspiring. Great to have you as a part of the community.

Cheers!

Welcome mate :blush:

Yeah! We need a xXxScumbagPratt420CharizardBaller69 action figure @smpratte

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

I have no idea how the toy industry works, but does ‘global toy rights’ mean if the Bandai Scale World figures were to be released outside of Japan they’d be released through Wicked Cool Toys instead of Bandai? Has there been any word of an English release of these that you’re aware of?

Welcome! It’s great to have you aboard:)

Do you have any insight into Funko’s licensing of Pokemon figures? Does that fall under you or do they fall into a different category?

Hey Jeremy! Nice to see you here; glad you were able to purchase that Trainer Deck B Blastoise from a fellow E4 member here :wink: Excited to see the future of your collection!

1 Like

He probably typed: @jeremypadawersince Instagram names usually start with a @ to link them, but the same applies to user-links here, which is why it automatically became a link.
Here a link to the actual Instagram: www.instagram.com/jeremypadawer/

And welcome to the forum Jeremy! Pretty insane you started with a 129k USD PSA-10 Base Set 1st edition set as one of your first Pokémon purchases. :blush: Looking forward what else will be added in the future.

Greetz,
Quuador

4 Likes

Welcome @jeremypadawer :blush: - Glad to see your joined E4!

Hope the cards look awesome when they arrive mate!

Gav.