Japanese Unlimited E Series 1 Cards (Base Expansion Pack)

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g527858628 - Croconaw and Feraligatr
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k520128210 - Charizard
page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j724280668 - Cyndaquil

I can’t see anyone buying these at their current prices.

I did get a reply to my tweet from my previous post but it didn’t really reveal anything.

When I was looking for the charmeleon I made an offer of 200,000 and was denied. So I’m sure there are people crazy enough to buy these. And honestly (I know it means nothing) if I had the funds, that croconaw and feraligatr would not be available rn :eyes:

1 Like

The lack of pictures of the back of those is too much of a gamble for me. I’ve found that the front of e-Reader cards can be quite deceptive and it’s usually the back of the cards which tells the full story of what the condition is really like. I can only assume the seller neglected to include a picture of the backs of those for a good reason.

As a counter-argument to myself though, I’m very surprised nobody has picked up this 40,000 JPY Meowth yet: www.mercari.com/jp/items/m67032593904. Meowth used to be one of the more desirable cards from the set, so I’m not sure if the lack of interest in this one is a sign that these are becoming too much of a regular appearance to make people as willing to throw money at them.

1 Like

I got my cards back today at last!

https://instagram.com/p/CPtMDkOFOFq

15 Likes

Any of you snag this one?
www.mercari.com/jp/items/m89479576513/

Edit: Never mind Ponyta is the exception right

1 Like

Yep, Ponyta is the insert in a poster/booklet called Information Pack volume 4. I used to buy these sealed packs in bulk when I first started selling on eBay as they were practically worthless in Japan - I think I bought this lot for around 500 JPY back in 2018:

As some trivia about these packs: the cards always have their backs visible so as not to reveal what the card is, but it used to be a lot more profitable to open the pack and turn the card around to show everyone what card is included. Packs with cards with the front facing outwards have already been opened.

Despite being quite flimsy I always found the packs did a good job at protecting the card. Here is one of several PSA 10 copies I graded which I still have:

If you’re looking to pick up one of these Ponyta cards it may be cheaper to track down a sealed Information Pack, but I have no idea what those sell for these days.

3 Likes

The seller of a Cyndaquil and the 009 Charmander I picked up a week or so ago has now listed a Charmeleon: www.mercari.com/jp/items/m90829699682.

4 Likes

Another 009 Charmander has appeared for sale, this time on YJA:

page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g531476922

5 Likes

@quuador, not sure if this was posted yet and it’s pretty beat up but in case you’re looking for one still!

buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/n477769343

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!
Let’s hope it’ll end below Buyee’s threshold this time… :unamused:

Just in case, does anyone have any recommended Japan middleman services that can go as high as I’d want (without having to pay beforehand)?.. Noppin is still not back in business unfortunately.

Greetz,
Quuador

2 Likes

Very interesting! It’s the same seller and the front of the card looks like the same Pikachu which they sold before but the back looks different.

Good luck @quuador!!

1 Like

Oh, didn’t even notice it was the same seller. Hmm, not sure how I feel about that considering they said they were only selling it because they found a better copy.

The pictures of the front are similar but different though. Here is a picture I saved of that previous auction:

Greetz,
Quuador

1 Like

Hi All, first time poster based in the UK, mainly collect Japanese pokemon cards.

I have come across this thread and found the following Charmander card without 1ED logo at a hefty price if anyone is interested…

www.mercari.com/jp/items/m47924386893/

2 Likes

Welcome @darsh ! Those were shared a couple of weeks ago. I tried buying the cheaper of the two Charmander cards they have but they’re currently have an ongoing selling ban placed on their account for whatever reason so it’s not possible to buy those at the moment.

Edit: Just tried to buy it again and it worked this time. :grin:

Awesome find :blush:
I’d probably say that price is around market. It’s good to see more pop up though. Still waiting for a sub 1k Bulbasaur and sub 500 clefairy :sleeping: not sure if that’ll happen.

1 Like

Some nice cards overall. Quick question, although these are from the Japanese base set expansion, any reason these specific unlimited versions for some of the cards are rather high? Was just wondering.

Thanks!

Give the thread a quick read! There are some good theories of where they come but they are incredibly hard to find!

Will do! Definitely sounds like a good reason to say the least. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks! and congrats, nice rare card to the collection.

According to the table earlier, the Ponyta card is not as rare however this one has emerged and quality looks decent…

www.mercari.com/jp/items/m97226359185/