Japanese Masaki (Communication Evolution Campaign)

Does anyone know how many of these cards/sets were distributed? I realize that these were cards that you had to mail bills pc and another card in to receive. Just curious on the actual rarity of them as the prices have been skyrocketing. The gengar specifically is hard to get under $300 now with the others (in decent condition) being in that $150-$200 range.

1 Like

Alakazam - 39000
Gengar - 36000
Machamp - 29000
Golem - 22000
Omastar - 21000

8 Likes

I picked the wrong time to want to pick those cards up lmao

8 Likes

Haven’t been following them lately but holy crap did they explode. Even the most damaged ones seem to sell for ~100 USD now.
With their amazing artworks and unique backstory it’s more surprising it even took them so long to finally move though.

2 Likes

:wink:

5 Likes

It’s Dave and I, we can’t stop buying them.

2 Likes

Before anyone asks, here is how we know this:

This is a good example of desirability outweighing distribution. There are almost 2 times as many Masaki Alakazam cards compared to the Omastar cards in existence yet these typically fetch between 2-5 times more at auction than the Omastar.

10 Likes

Those numbers refer to the number of applications, I don’t know if all the applications were fulfilled or not.

3 Likes

@linkdu83,Does this refer to the number of applications submitted by people or the available applications?

It is just written “number of applications” on the page, but I think this refer to the number of applications submitted by people.

1,370 of the Masaki promos have been graded with PSA. That is less than 1% of the total 147,000 “applications”. That’s kind of surprising to me.

2 Likes

They’re still cheap for what they are in my opinion unless you want PSA 10s.

1 Like

Incredibly low pops in the mid 20’s even with the price increases the current price still doesn’t match the scarcity. So much room for growth on this incredible set and back story.