Japanese base set booster box value..

Hey, sorry for my amateurish post not really joined one of these communities before. Have been collecting a while before, always reselling and looking for diamonds in the rough on ebay.com and ebay.co.uk but just kind of put my game on halt about a year ago… Moved to Vienna in Austria for a years study exchange recently though, and the past few days I just got curious to check out the German and Austrian ebay for pokemon stuff, I stumbled across a fairly low key Japanese base set box and won at auction, I think I might just hold onto it but just wandering what the value of these are today? I can’t find too many sold on any ebay sites and really terrible at working out what to do on yahoo Japan haha. Anyhow would appreciate it, all the rest of my psa cards and sleeved stuff is at my Nan’s back in the UK so just kind of a novelty trip to spot something out here hahaha… I’m also a bit worried once I get the hunger for it again I’ll be back on ebay and going to flea markets, but thinking I will just go for one thing every now and again and get on with me studies at the moment :—)

1 Like

So you won the Box for 533 Euro? Congrats! :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah that was me haha… I was really hoping the title might of made it a bit obscure as it didn’t really say pokemon or base set, I should of just sniped as well I think I drew more attention to it when I left a higher bid for a few days, I guess it was obvious either way and still not too bad a pick up :slight_smile:

3 Likes

damn I missed that! the value is about $1500,-

Ah no way!! I remember seeing them maybe around $700 or so last year not so far from unlimited US/U.K. boxes then as well, seems things have changed again. I’ll wait to hear from the seller but in the meantime I’ll keep looking for things, I’ve got a lot of base set mostly complete back in the uk, ungraded unlimited and shadowless complete and a few graded 1st edition holos, other bits and bobs graded and a lot of boxed games mainly. wouldn’t mind trying to build up a German collection as a hobby here, the flea markets are supposed to be quite good here. I’ll keep y’all updated on any finds hopefully can get into the community, always find the stories around people’s interests in special cards and sets fascinating so would be good to help stoke things up a bit more.

1 Like

can you share the link lol, i canty find it

www.ebay.at/itm/Pocket-Monster-Card-Game-BOX-Made-in-Japan-/152282682356?hash=item2374c153f4:g:2E4AAOSwCGVYA4y-

I am so jealous! Great find mate.

1 Like