Jacob's Gengar - Collection - UPDATED 5/5/14 UNBOXING

My official collection thread. In the next few weeks ill be adding all my stuff here. I know there isn’t much love for English cards here but I’m a WOTC collector :stuck_out_tongue:.

My Japanese collection has been slowly growing and by next week my mother load with arrive from Japan along with a few individual JP promos i bought.

1 Like

To start things off.

Even though technically not Pokemon TCG look how amazing these Banpresto postcards look. The set seems complete 1-12 each one has some numbers at the back that finish at 151.

The original Ken Sugimori artwork is my favorite ever just look at Blastoise, Charizard, Venusaur. And the best artowork ever for the 3 birds as seen on the TMB (or is it SSB) Phone Cards.

I’d really like some more info on these if anyone has it. I’m guessing these were before 99 because the names used are the transliterations of the Japanese names instead of the official English names.

1 Like

My favorite piece of my collection at the moment. :grin:

2 Likes

The Masaki’s all in their original folder are a force! Very nice, I know that must have run you a lot!

The postcards are super cool too, love the Sugimori stock art.

1 Like

Yup it seemed a lot at the time but it’s my favorite set and I’ve never seen them all together for sale. It seems on the couple of months since I got them the price of Masaki cards have shot up to more than i paid sealed so I’m extra happy know. just trying to find a nice way to display them.

1 Like

Love the Masaki’s…Looking forward to seeing more from your collection…

1 Like

That artwork is ridiculous! I know you are a fan of the original artwork, and will probably like this: Here is a link to Ken Sugimori’s designs. His newer illustrations are on there but the older ones really capture the origin of Pokemon. Most of them are on the stickers you have above!

Anyway, nice additions!

Thanks so much for the link that’s awesome!

I love the early art i think its the water coloring it just gives it an amazing look. Like you can see the love in the picture and all the effort put into it.

1 Like

Damn, all 5 Masaki in their original envelopes, that’s like firing artillery to start a race.

1 Like

I agree! I am glad you like the link. I actually have it saved on my bookmark bar and look through it when I have downtime.

Also, if you are after the old illustrations, especially ken sugimori, the original player guides for pokemon blue/red are loaded with old artwork. Here is the exact book I have. I had it back in the 90’s and it was falling apart so I had to get a back up. You can tell by the cover that it was when pokemon first dropped in the US. The book does not even include Mew yet. They are always on ebay for very reasonable prices.

Finally got 1 and a steal for ¥4100 and the condition looks great as well.

2 Likes

So you’re the one who snatched that card. :blush: Congratulations.

Excellent catch mate. That’s one of my favourite cards. Glad it’s heading Down Under.

1 Like

Had a feeling i might have snatched it from a UPCCC member, I’m just surprised there was no further bids.

I fell asleep and missed a Tropical Wind card sold for 49000 and looked pretty good condition I was a bit bummed about that one :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At least that one’s heading Down Under too. :blush:

1 Like

Ha! I was watching that auction, I was about to put a bid on it but said to myself “, let this guy enjoy a bargain to balance the karma of me getting a shit deal on the one I bought”. ;D

Not kidding here.

1 Like

Well thanks for that the :stuck_out_tongue: well i almost forgive you now for nabbing that Neo Intro set :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You’re welcome, my video of the Neo Intro Set will be most delightful as I’ll have in my mind the thought of you going “Noooo!” as I open it. :wink:

1 Like

That’s my exact feeling if you put an opening video online please link me. Do yu have a channel at the moment?

1 Like

My YT Channel is:

www.youtube.com/user/Cujucuyo

I haven’t uploaded anything PKMN related yet, but I will very soon.

1 Like

Looking forward to it :grin:

1 Like