I've completed the full 2016 Evolutions Holofoils set, in a PSA 10. Second person to have done so!

Been a long time since I’ve done any public updates on anything I’ve collected. However, I have hit a (for me) huge milestone that I’m thrilled to pat myself on the back over!

As of this morning the last card I needed came in to complete a full Evolutions holofoil set. The set is a total of 38 cards and includes all half art, full art, break and of course holos for the set. According to PSA I’m only the second person to have done so, with someone else having completed the set only last year.

In any event, I’m happy! While I’ve got more work to do in terms of collecting a master set. This is a huge leap for me, as anyone that chases this set knows how difficult it is to get some of these cards.

Important highlights to note from the POP report:
Raichu Holo POP 17
Magneton Holo POP 5 (was POP 4 while I was collecting)
Nidoking Holo POP 25
Machamp Holo POP 56
Hitmonchan Holo POP 6
Clefairy Holo POP 15
Chansey Holo POP 20

And yes, I know everyone is going to ask about Charizard Holo POP and the answer is 520, so not as amazing, but still a card that closes above $1800 at auction, at least, occasionally. And still a card that’s ridiculously hard to grade ( I want to say there’s something close to 30,000 9’s out there).

A big thanks to @piezers AKA Kanto Shark for helping me knock out the last of the holos, and of course everyone else here on the fourum who helped guide me on pricing/understanding the set that is Evolutions.

This morning was a great reminder about why we obsess the way that we do, and that eventually, some day. The chase becomes worth it!

37 Likes

Congratulations!

GREAT JOB now do it with bgs black label or it dosent count lol

jokes aside., congrats!!! Thats a huge acheivement

That’s quite a few low pop cards—congrats on the achievement!

Congratulations, and awesome accomplishment! I have an affinity towards the evolutions holos, especially the holo bleeds.

Congratulations!

Congrats! :partying_face:

Very nice my friend! People always love to trash Evolutions but have no idea how difficult it is to find PSA 10’s.

I think the box price is still being slept on to be honest.

There is so much hhidden value in the set aside from the PSA 10 Charizard.

1 Like

A part of my collecting journey was in fact, just that. Learning about how difficult some of these cards are to find. It’s a good nostalgic set, and for me it works out well.

1 Like

Wow, much congratulations friend! Great accomplishment! Thanks for sharing your updates.

Cheers!

Congratulations!

Going for the Prerelease and STAFF versions next?
Just kidding that would take a while :smile:
Congratulations!

Oh man, not anything I actually have interest in, but if I can get a full master set that I can pull “from the booster box” I’ll call it a day with the set.

Also, thanks to everyone dropping me likes, didn’t think this thread would get this much love!

1 Like

Awesome stuff man congrats :smiley:

Awesome :slight_smile: