Issues shipping to Singapore?

So I recently made a big sale on eBay to someone in Singapore and all is well, except eBay says something is wrong with the shipping address and wants me to make a change or I can’t buy the USPS shipping label.

I click on the “amend” link and it tells me the issue is that there is no “city” given for the label.

The problem is that there is no city or at least I do not think there is for the country of Singapore… The buyer tells me the address is perfect and is confused why eBay is saying the address is wrong.

I call eBay and they tell me something odd. If you “amend” an address to allow for the printing of a label, you lose the seller protection, so the rep gives me 2 options.

1. Cancel the sale, have the buyer change the address to something eBay deems okay and then buy the card again.

2. Confirm in a message the address is correct and buy a label with the exact address off site and upload the tracking manually.

Now, I would be suspicious of this buyer giving me a problematic address, except this has happened before the last time I sold something to someone in Singapore. Literally the same problem, except it was prior to the “rule change” that eBay takes away seller protection if you amend the address. What I did last time was simply put Singapore in the city section and that was the end of it.

Anyone else have this odd issue??? I plan to buy a label and ship the card tomorrow at the post office, but it’s pricey so I’m kinda nervous about it. Never had an issue selling international before so I think it will be fine.

2 Likes

What is the buyers rating?
What is the sale amount?

If he’s new, you can always send a screen shot of the error message to the buyer asking for him to correct it.

@garyis2000 , Selling one of my psa 7 first ed zards for 2400. Buyer has 25 feedback 100%.

This is the second time I have had this issue where the issue is that there is no city listed in the designated box. My friend in Thailand said there is no city designation for Singapore, but eBay flags it because it thinks every country has a city.

Last time this happened the sale was fine, but it was before eBay changed there policy such that if you change the address you lose protection. Weird…

I believe the buyer to be an honest guy since he has had great communication and this is not the only time this has happened for a buyer in this country.

I’m just surprised eBay does not recognize a Singapore address properly. Either that or two different people from Singapore can not figure out how to put in their own address.

Edit: Checked his feedback, seems really legit as he has a lot of pokemon purchases from another big pokemon seller and all sales were perfect based on feedback. Also has 41 purchases spread out over past year. Seeing that makes me feel loads better. Now I just need to ship it right lol

I had this occur as well. Per eBay customer service they told me to print through PayPal.

This has happened to me several times where the address line was over 40 characters and I couldn’t print the label. It’s extremely frustrating. I refund the sales and tell the buyer to purchase again after editing their address.

At least I feel like I’m not the only one now lol

YES! That happened last time too, besides the whole “city” section missing. Singapore addresses seem ridiculously long lol

It’s also recommended that they include a phone number on the label I’m told

1 Like

It’s a huge pain. eBay doesn’t provide a good solution. If you refund the buyer and have them re-purchase, then you lose the PayPal fee. If you manually fill out the customs form and purchase the label at the post office, it’s time consuming and often times more expensive.

Does this work?

Ive printed a thousand eBay sales directly through PayPal.

2 Likes

Don’t give up on Singapore guys!!!

3 Likes

Definitely don’t give up on the Lion City. I’ve shipped dozens of times there without incidence. I spent an entire summer playing Chinese Poker with all the old men down on the docks there. Good times.

1 Like

Can you write an autobiography so I can have some good reading material?

Lol…well, my minor was journalism;)

It’s definitely an internal eBay issue. I don’t know why it triggers with Singapore. I’ve shipped there numerous times without issue.

Shipped my card today. A bit of a hassle with the customs form, but all is well and I uploaded tracking.

A new issue came up though… I was considering buying insurance and the post office guy said it was pointless because winning claim for overseas shipping is too difficult and without a receipt of my original purchase I can’t prove card value. Not like that would help since I got it originally for 450! He said sales online of the card were not valid. Not sure if he’s right or wrong, but sounds crazy that the card value could be denied. It sold for a set value, so why would insurance not pay me?

As a technologist, this entire situation makes me cringe.

1 Like