Is this listing too good to be true?

www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-Gold-Star-Espeon/333551066104?hash=item4da9315bf8:g:NDgAAOSwlcxecv8v
/
A newest listed gold star Espeon PSA 10 for around a quarter of what they go for? Sounds too good to be true, but honestly I am considering buying it with a friend because of the Ebay’s strong buyer protection. What are your thoughts on it?

Read his feedback. A lot few of his positives are actually negative and he has no selling feedback, so I personally wouldn’t trust him.

6 Likes

Very strange feedback. Also the telltale sign of having multiple different backgrounds for his listings. Meaning he probably stole the images from somewhere else. Might be able to find them with a reverse image search.

2 Likes

Just eBay search PSA 10 espeon gold star and you see where he got the photo from a real listing.

5 Likes

What I don’t understand is why scammers do this. Do they just hope you can’t be bothered to claim a refund? Because I’m pretty sure eBay will always side with the buyer in blatant scams like this. Seems like a waste of time.

A lot of times they use hijacked eBay/Paypal accounts that no longer have paypal hold times. They send the funds to bank accounts either hijacked, newly created under false identities, or whatever and cash them out quickly. By weeks later when all the claims and refund requests come through they are long gone with the cash and eBay/Paypal/credit card companies are left holding the bag. They then pass these losses onto the consumers like us who buy and sell properly via higher fees. Same way at a brick and mortar store they have to fluff up pricing some amount to account for losses and theft.

4 Likes

Thanks so much y’all. You really saved me on that one. :blush:

He is 100% a scammer. Made an offer on a card and then he tried to get me to pay via paypal instead of through ebay

1 Like

7 Likes

But its the same backround? :rofl:

Definitely scumbagpratte’s listing. About as real as Pamela Anderson.

Different from his other listings

2 Likes

Also anyone having a PSA card should most definitely know the value. Please don’t fall for something like that!

1 Like

Good rule of thumb: anything that seems too good to be true, usually is. Garage sales are your best bet for great deals. I think a lot of people realize Pokemon cards are valuable and want the most they can get. If someone needs money and is liquidating their cards on eBay, you’ll have a chance to get a good deal. Just have to hope no other people are watching/bidding. You could send them a message make an offer depending on what you want.

1 Like