Is there a place in the UK that grades cards?

Hi all, I’m relatively new to collecting Pokemon cards and I’ve noticed a lot of people send their cards for grading. The problem is, it seems like this is almost an exclusive US service? Or am I off track here? Sending cards to the states and getting them graded is a long and potentially costly service. I’d love it if someone could tell me where I could get my cards graded in the UK.

I don’t think there is any service in the UK that grades cards. That being said, even if there was, getting them graded via that service would not be advisable. PSA (and to a lesser extent BGS) are the industry standards for third-party grading. Many other services exist, but are not nearly as reputable or rigorous as PSA. If you want to maximize the value of your cards, PSA is pretty much the way to go. (I promise I’m not paid to say this)

Grading, however, is not essential to having an enjoyable collection. Just because people do it, doesn’t mean you have to as well :blush: Grading costs a lot of money (especially if you live overseas) and many people believe that the money that would be spent on grading is better put to use buying more cards that they like.

Thank you, that’s a very helpful response. I can tell I’m going to enjoy it here!

It’s a pretty awesome place! Feel free to head over to the welcome thread and introduce yourself if you like!

Ludkins collectables does psa grades in uk der boi. - www.youtube.com/user/LudkinsCollectables/videos

Scott, the founder here, does PSA grading for a good price. Any profit goes to support this site so you should contact him. His username here is smpratte.

2 Likes

Yea the forum grading service works out cheaper than ludkins even with shipping for most order sizes from what I have worked out, any profit goes to a better cause than someone else’s pocket too so it is a win win, can’t wait to send some cards away in the new year :blush:

3 Likes

Yea isn’t ludkins insanely expensive? Or is that just for smaller orders? If you send a bunch I think its much cheaper than his lower card orders. But also, how about the insane customs in the UK. Absolutely crazy… Can’t send anything unless its marked at 10aud or something. So if sending to United States with smprattican, you best get everything marked as gift and at small amount. I send my cards to states and I feel better about it, because I believe its much safer to have someone handle your cards up and back to PSA within the us… So your cards be extreme safe if your paranoid about that kind of thing.

Plus, it doesn’t hurt knowing that you’re helping Scott with the operation of our great site;)

1 Like

Yeees that too and Scott should
start a YouTube channel for the returns xD
Also he has like one of the greatest collections in the universe so he must do it always I’ll do something about the things.:stuck_out_tongue:

Scott has a great reputation, so you are safe with him. Be careful with others, you just never know.

1 Like