Is there a card with the artwork of Pokémon Yellow?

Hello!

I’ve seen the artwork of the cover of the original videogames (Red, Blue and Green) on some cards (CD promos and trade please XY promo). But I was wondering… Is there any card with the artwork of the cover of Pokémon Yellow (videogame)?

I don’t think it exists, does it?

1 Like

m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lt._Surge%27s_Pikachu_(Gym_Heroes_81)

Close…

8 Likes

Not a TCG card, but I found this on eBay a while back.

9 Likes

“But no cigar”, as they say!

I hope you didn’t pay too much for that card. There’s a guy on Virbank who makes a killing off selling raw copies of these, meanwhile the sealed decks pop up pretty frequently for under $10 in Japan.

Not sure what “Poker Set” means either as this is just a standard Pokémon-branded 54-card playing card deck, unless “Poker Set” is what Americans call playing cards?

I opened one of these decks recently myself and with the exception of one card they were all flawless as they’re packaged really well:

Here’s the other Pikachu from the deck, for reference:

The 2000 Marill deck uses the same Pokémon Yellow Pikachu artwork for one of its joker cards as well - the other is a Pichu. Here’s an image from a current YJA listing:

7 Likes

@pichufan,

I didn’t buy that BGS card I imaged. But someone purchased it for 200 USD.

Sealed decks are selling for a couple hundreds on eBay now though after UnlistedLeaf made a video on it.

4 Likes

@pichufan, show us the front of the cards please! :blush:

Thank you allí for your answers! The poker card is pretty cool, but I just wish they had made an official tcg card :slightly_frowning_face: st lurge’s Pikachu doesn’t quite do it for me either but I must admit it’s quite similar. Thank you all!!!

Iirc none of the Gen 1/2 “Box cover” arts made it onto printed TCG cards aside from the Gen 1 starters in the form of the CD promos. I made a list of the ones that are missing TCG art here: www.elitefourum.com/t/cards-with-ken-sugimori-watercolor-stock-art/30886/1

I think lt surges pikachu is close

Do you know what the Japanese name is for that deck?

The Lugia one is ポケモントランプ 銀 (Pokémon Playing Cards Silver). I believe the cheapest one for sale right now is this one on Yahoo! Shopping for 7,500 JPY (~$70): store.shopping.yahoo.co.jp/i-stock3/02504569.html - I’d advise not going for that one unless you really want it as you can most certainly get them for a lot cheaper if you’re patient.

1 Like