Is it normal for a 41 year old...

Im 30 and although I have been a collector my entire life of other things including sealed lego sets and sneakers, for some reason I had shame around collecting pokemon cards.

I kept it low key for awhile to be honest haha. It wasn’t until I stumbled across some of smprattes’ and Gem Mint youtube videos and the forums with more mature collectors and content in the hobby was I more open about my collecting.

Like others have said, you need not worry about what others think. As long as you are a good person and handle your responsibilities you have every right to spend your money how you see fit and collect what makes you happy.

1 Like

Felt the same too about about the vids and more mature collectors part you mentioned.

I got into it because my son wanted to play. Started buying cards so we could play, started watching videos to know which ones to get. Then I found @smprate videos and started watching them even though they didn’t have to do with playing. Now I like Pokémon more than he does and started collecting energy cards. Sometimes it hurts to buy new cards in standard to play instead of energy cards for my collection.:joy:

If you got the money to collect, or even the assets to trade, then you are cool to do whatever you like. I’m 31 and I love Pokemon cards. Sound like I’m at a Pokemon anonymous meeting.

Let it out…lol

1 Like

Wow this thread made me feel young. As others have stated age doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Wow…I’m shocked after going through this entire thread that nobody took a shot at me lol.

8 Likes

Lol It crossed my mind Gary!

2 Likes

As long as your 41 and not calling it “pokeman” you’re good in my book

2 Likes

This is my shot Gary. I assume you don’t beat me in aging :wink: or do you ?

1 Like

What is normal?

Honestly, enjoy life as it is too short.

3 Likes

Thought the same thing… if normal is meant to mean doesn’t go against the grain… then I don’t wanna be normal lol

2 Likes

You could be my kid brother lol.

A boys fertility starts after his first ejaculation ( on average between 11 and 16) .

Assuming you were at the low end of the average and you succeeded at 11.

Then we have to take into account the 9 month before giving birth.

At curent I’m 60 and 6 month.

Being your kid would imply you have a minimum age around 72 and 3 month.

I would say you look much younger in the latest pictures you shared :blush:

Well, thank you lol.

Actually, I said you could be my “kid brother”, not my “kid, brother”:wink:.

I was starting school when you were born…

2 Likes

My bad being dyslectic. Happy to be your younger brother :wink:

1 Like

your an adult. do whatever u like. whenever someone looks sideways when i say i collect pokemon cards i go on ebay and search with highest price first. usually brings them around very quick and sometimes they ask me how to get into it.

…assuming your hobbies aren’t deemed illegal. :grin:

Then you realize Pokémon is just virtual and cardboard dog fighting.

2 Likes

Hi all,
I clock in at 46… started after my kid got me into it. Now he’s moved on and I kept going. Didn’t know enough about individual cards so I started with booster boxes… first was flashfire. Fast forward about a year and I ended up getting all the wotc boxes :grimacing:

Needless to say, my wife thinks I’m insane and my son (11 yo) is telling me to stop. So of course I listened to them and then bought a couple more boxes :joy:

So no… not too late. And to be honest, I didn’t post much cuz I thought I would get made fun of cuz of my age…

Cheers.

4 Likes