Interesting modern Japanese promos?

What are some lesser known Japanese promos?

I saw the jolteon vmax battle promo. The greninja charizard battle promo. What are some other ones?

If you have any please post them!

2 Likes

Mischievous Pichu is a pretty cool one. It was the first Pichu card in something like 10 years I think :thinking:
The camera frame icons are unique to this card. Pretty cool!

17 Likes

Not sure if I’d categorize the steady stream of CoroCoro inserts as lesser known but they tend to be rather nice looking.

10 Likes

Great idea im looking forward to this one alot

Not sure which cards are you considering as interesting, but I do have a post for all the promos in SWSH with photos (except jumbos and Victory Proof) so feel free to take a look.

2 Likes

Like points promos etc.

Thank you! I’ll take a look!

It’s not super rare, but I’m a big fan of the Rescue Team DX Pikachu. I believe it’s the only card from the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon spin-off series, which has a small but dedicated following.

10 Likes

These cards come to mind.

I really like those promos that have actual images from the show/movie. I don’t know if that’s modern enough for you tho. They are super cheap and fun to collect.

12 Likes

I’ve been wondering for a while if anyone has made a complete list of promos with exclusive artwork that only exists in Japanese. A few of the cards listed above have English counterparts, and I am not interested in picking up promos I can already get in English.

6 Likes

Shameless plug but I tried to make a list.

Unfortunately this still has to be updated because some of the cards are now being released in Asian languages (Thai, Indonesian). But I think this list still has good coverage as compared to English cards, meaning the cards in this list should not exist in English at the very least. If you catch some errors still, please let me know.

Cheers!

11 Likes

Beat me to it. This is a great card.

1 Like

This list isn’t comprehensive, but pretty good

https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Unreleased_cards

1 Like