Inspiring Pokémon People

There are a lot of great people on here. Two whose actions stuck out to me recently are Hisoka and Jonandek.

Hisoka, so far as I could tell, had a pretty dern sweet collection. He sold it. Some of us recoil with horror at the thought of separation from our prized Pokémons. Yet Hisoka mustered the courage and conviction to face total separation from those prized material items. Then, after contemplation, he was enterprising enough to start basically from scratch all over again!

Jonandek showed something I’ve rarely seen: pure generosity. He offered to send tons of cards from packs he opened to people who expressed interest in them. He took people’s individualized requests, then took the time time to sort, package, and pay to ship to people who expressed interest. He asked nothing in return.

In contrast, I recall one time PokémonMaster556 wanted to use some eBay bucks he had and asked that cards he wanted to buy be listed on eBay. He offered to pay any additional costs. The response from several people was basically, “Why would I go through the trouble of listing on eBay for you? What’s in it for me?” There was a similar thread where someone asked if anyone could send a $0.50 card as a favor, without a transaction. People reacted with the same attitude—as if spending one dollar to help a forum member was inconceivable.

I found Jonandek’s generosity and Hisoka’s courage to be inspiring!

9 Likes

Glad to have those three people on the board! :blush: Not sure who else you’re referring to though.

2 Likes

I really appreciate the consideration and kind words. It’s going to be tougher this time around, but I try to think about as playing a game you beat previously. I’m going to try to enjoy the journey even more this time. I learned a lot of lessons with pokemon and it definitely helped me succeed in other areas of my life.

Jonandek just seems like a genuinely nice person who has the heart of a collector. I’m glad he joined Efour where there are many other like-minded people. While discussions can get heated and at times I think there are people getting frustrated with the crazy prices, i’m included in there, you have people like Jonandek who seem to swing the conversation back.

on the topic of what happened with Pokemonmaster556 I can say that I’ve been guilty of having that attitude at times and being cynical of others. Bringing it up is a good thing and I hope it reminds us of how passionate we can get in this hobby and how we probably don’t treat each other the best.

5 Likes

Yes I’ve enjoyed talking to and getting to know all of you guys! I actually won one of the giveaways which I never win those. I tend to sign up for the ones on PokeRevs channel just for the heck of it but there’s tons of people doing that. Can’t wait to add them to my collection in exact set order :slight_smile: thanks for acknowledging everything Jon and @hisoka107 has done. It’s true it also takes a lot to start from scratch like you did hisoka107. It just shows trying hard enough and being a dedicated collector is all it takes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s really great to be a part of this community with genuine collectors. Love the sentiment to acknowledge these members for their individual endeavors and contributions, as they are some fine additions to the community. It has been a pleasure getting to know some of you great fellow collectors!

3 Likes

If you think that is great, some of these guys are able to get together at events! Once all this is done, would love to do a meet and greet at Worlds. Going to hopefully meet one member here that lives in the same town as me soon as well! @7l7l, thanks for the positivity, we need it and those members you mentioned are awesome, although I may lurk more than talk all the time, I see what they do for the community :grin:

3 Likes

We definitely have some incredible people on this board for sure.

These meet and greets are honestly the highlight for me when it comes to collecting. Each time they’ve pushed me to continue my dainty little collection and I get to know people behind the screens. I love the stories people share, the history, and just the simple joy of enjoying Pokemon together.

3 Likes

Exactly, I feel like my collection is a minuscule compared to other’s lol but yesss for sure!

2 Likes