In Person Card Shows?

Outside of an LCS/LGS, what are the options for buying cards in person when things are more open? Are there in person trading card shows like there are coin and stamp shows?

Will

1 Like

Every TPCi sanctioned regional championships and above is a card show to some degree. There are vendors, people who have come to just trade and collect, and there’s more to do outside the main events.

3 Likes

We are kind of in unprecedented territory. Prior to COVID there was a fraction of the interest in this hobby so not enough people to really participate in events outside of Worlds. During COVID, there was probably enough interest but obviously large gatherings weren’t happening. Now that restrictions are lifting or completely lifted I think there will be a decent number of in-person events that will start happening

4 Likes

I’ve attended the Twin Oaks Sports Card and Collectibles shows in my state twice. It was mostly sports cards but there were a few vendors who sold exclusively Pokemon. Only one vendor had slabs, though. A few sports cards collectors had Pokemon peppered in. Going and chatting with people in the hobby was definitely the best part of both events

2 Likes

3 Likes

Isn’t there supposed to be one of these in the Houston area this year?

What are your thoughts on these events? I live in Dallas but like most of my local cards shops, I would assume buying on ebay is cheaper…

I’ve always wanted to go to a Worlds or other event and trade in person. Outside of one deal I made with someone who lived very close to me, I have done all my transactions online and executed by mail. Doing a deal in person would be a nice change of pace. Take some grails and some cash and see what I’d leave with.