I'm selling my collection

Hey everyone -

I have decided to sell my full collection (I am gonna be sad to see it go)

I was hoping for a bit of advice in the pricing of what I have, I have a bit of an idea after searching eBay’s sold listings but any advice would be greatly welcomed. I think I’m mostly unsure on how to sell them and where. should I sell as individual sets or as one collective piece and should I only be looking at eBay which is where I have bought and sold before or is there somewhere else safe to sell?

My sets are;

Full 1st edition Jungle set
Full 1st edition Fossil set
Full 1st edition Team Rocket set
Full Japanese Team Rocket set
Full 1st edition Gym Heroes set
Full 1st edition Gym Challenge set
Full WOTC Black star PROMO set with additional/errors inc (grey star pikachu/jigglypuff, corocoro pikachu/jigglypuff, JR rally eevee/mewtwo, dark persian no HP, wrong artist legendary birds, aswell as all the sealed cards still sealed and different covers like the WB movie cards and a black star PROMO Ivy Pikachu 1st edition error PSA graded 9
Ancient mew 1 corrected Japanese in its original programme
Pikachu World collection Sydney 2000

There are a few odd single cards like the banned misty’s tears and Dragonite EX from the new evolution set also aerodactyl 1st edition PRERELEASE, also the evolutions sealed promo cards and a set of generations full holo error cards

Also the base set holos but not the best condition (might end up hanging on to them if their not worth enough for sentimental value)

Thank you anyone who reads this and thanks in advance if you have any advice you can give me.

Thanks again
Nick

Condition makes all the difference in price for these sets, so please make sure to understand what they actually mean (and advice, underrate the cards, if they have scratching and edgeware, IMO I would never list as NM). eBay is your best bet, and either full separate sets or all at once even seems to do well. But above all, please make sure to list the conditions correctly or you will probably be looking at returns.

1 Like

For the 1st edition sets again it all depends on condition. You should take pictures of the best holos front and back to maximise interest.

For rough prices I would say minimum £275 for jungle. £200 for team rocket. Fossil £220. For the rest it shouldn’t be too hard to find prices. It depends what you’re happy to get for them.

I wouldn’t list everything together as not many people if any would buy them all for £1500 at one go.

From what I’ve seen lately, here are NM/M prices:

1st Ed. Jungle - $300
1st Ed. Fossil - $285
1st Ed. Rocket - $300
1st Ed. Gym Heroes - $350-$400
1st Ed. Gym Challenge - $500-$600

You can find other thoughts in www.elitefourum.com/t/getting-out-of-pokemon/16567/1

Are they all, besides base, MINT?

Yea I*get what your saying about underrating the cards they are all pretty much NM/M sleeved and in folders though over time folders to tend to curve slightly.

Thanks*

I’m looking to get about £1800/£2000 really so maybe selling separately is a good shout

Thanks

Cheers, I’ll have to run that through a converter for UK pounds

Whats your thoughts on the WOTC black star PROMO set? I will say its definitely the most extensive set I’ve seen other than the corocoro mew and JR rally meowth its complete.

Thanks

Cheers for the link, I’ll take a look

Thanks

1 Like

I’d love to say they are all pack fresh but only the GYM challenge and heroes sets are. The Jungle, Fossil and Team Rockets sets are pretty much NM/M and the WOTC Black star PROMO is again close to all NM/M the corocoro pikachu has some slight edging

Whats your thoughts?

Thanks

Selling wise, either ebay for full safety but at a small cut, or through paypal with full communication and tracked parcels. There are plenty of places to sell but the safest is ebay, or paypal etc with evidence so your covered by their seler protection.

EDIT: also be completely upfront with buyers, conditions pictures etc and as stated above your best being careful with wording.If you say its nm or mint and the buyer is like nope deep scratch or extra whitening more than likely to have refunds and returns :confused:
But yea sound be a nice bit of dough for you :blush: fleeing to Mehico?

EDIT2: if you really are confident with the cards being decent condition, why not use a grading service? sell the other cards and use that to get the best ones graded? it will be a longer process but the rewards may be bountiful :blush: your from the UK so maybe check out @cljdavis PSA grading service? Just food for thought…may aswell make the most of it if your selling up.

3 Likes