If you had the perfect card, where do you grade?

Hey! So this was something that I’ve had on my mind because it made me consider all grading services and what I thought I knew before, so here’s the question.

If I believed I had the most perfect card there is, where would be the best place to get that graded? I saw that smpratte had got this SGC 10 Charizard, and that was in phenomenal condition. There’s also Beckett with the whole “black label” thing going on, but they’ve been questionable at times.
PSA is nice, but when you get 10, that’s the end of the line, no special things in addition to that.

So say that I want to maximize the amount of… I guess profit I’d say? Like, the best and most official way that shows the greatness that is this “perfect card”.
I understand that grades are opinions from others and opinions can vary on the person, and how they’re feeling, so I guess the idea is who would be the best for this type of situation?

1 Like

BGS black label

BGS, then CGC

PSA.

PSA is by far the best for Pokémon. Problem is, I’m boycotting them because of their AWFUL management.
SGC is a solid option just not known enough in the non sports card community.
BGS is slow and inconsistent but not horrible.
CGC IS horrible and not an option…yet.

1 Like

What is horrible about CGC other than your individual preference about their label design? And as of right now their cards don’t earn the PSA premium? As a company, what should they be doing better?

3 Likes

BGS for their Pristine 10s or black label.

1 Like

BGS definitely, only perfect card I’d submit to PSA currently is 1st ed. Typhlosion 17/111. :sob:

Any truly perfect card should go to Beckett in attempt at a Pristine or Black Label if you’re trying to maximize value.

With how hard that particular card is to grade, if it was truly perfect why not send to Beckett?

1 Like

@kpod
That’s just how I’d do it, I have other 18 holos already as PSA 10 so last remaining want has to look the same. Doesn’t mean I don’t like BGS Neo Genesis cards, the pristine 10 1st ed. Feraligatr 5/111 is super sweet addition to collection.

1 Like

The obvious answer to this question, at least in terms of maximizing the value of your card, is a BGS 10 black label.

But if it wasn’t a card I ever intended to sell and just wanted to keep it for myself, I’d probably just stick with PSA since it’s what I’m used to.

A BGS Black Label would be ideal - the issue is determining a card as perfect enough for that is incredibly difficult. I’ve only sent cards I thought were 9.5 or higher and the closest I came was one sub off of a black label.

Depends on the card, but if the condition is really perfect, go for BGS black label for value

www.elitefourum.com/t/the-giant-professional-grading-thread/30930/1

1 Like