If you could only collect one: Pikachu Precious Collector Box or Pikachu Stamp Box?

0 voters

No contest in my mind

9 Likes

Cramorant

4 Likes

i guess im a contrarian

You’re only realizing this now?

4 Likes

yes, I know I have exquisite taste but this one I rly thought precious collector would be majority for texture

The stamp box is a much more interesting card, the way it ties into the real art is awesome
Precious collectors box is a great card for sure but the art doesn’t have much to set it apart from the rest of the insane art going on in modern right now

The primary difference is intention. The stamp promo is pure aesthetic, 100% made for collectors. It ties in to both the fine art world and the stamp collecting world. It’s also part of a set (Cramorant) with a very intentional release

The other one is meant for players. The Pokemon in the background were chosen because they were very playable cards. The box is just a product, not really tied into any specific promotion. The card art is also vaguely reminiscent of past promos (ex. the one released with the alolan friends promo) which I guess could encourage people to make a set but more likely just makes it a less original release, especially compared to stamp promos.

But yeah one is holo with texture and the other isn’t :rabbit::woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Stamp Box is so unique. I feel like we get a full-art Pikachu + assorted topical Pokemon card all the time. I think it’s one of the best promo cards of all time.

4 Likes

real

real

Okay looks like I will bag hold my stamps

The stamp promo. It’s beautiful and there’s no English version - that makes it more unique.
Also, in almost every single series you get a full art Pikachu doing a mid air jump. Getting tired of that already.

2 Likes

The precious collector pika is not language exclusive, which makes it less desirable. There’s a cheaper version in English, Indonesian etc…

The stamp promos had 80-100k copies made which sounds like a lot, but this is a top tier card in terms of the artwork and story, and there may not be enough for all the collectors that want one in the future if Pokemon continues to grow.

1 Like

Any number beyond 10 (not 10k) is not collectable to some people on here lol.

But I agree with you.

3 Likes

Pretty much echoing what others said: stamp pikachu. I’ll probably just buy the english precious pikachu and move on with my life lmao

It is not Bulbasaur or Spongebob, so why would I spend money on it? :smile:

1 Like

WAT should i buy

Stamp box is the only correct choice but the precious box has a higher chance to 2x its current price.

Just my opinion.

1 Like

I own both PEPEGA but ty for input

1 Like