Idea: Mass E4 autograph exchange

This is financial advice and I will take it

3 Likes

Also, how do we get PSA to authenticate all these autos?

I’m into this idea though! Sounds like fun. I need to schedule a signing event now……:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:
Just promise me you won’t follow me to my hotel :joy:

2 Likes

We’ve discussed the t-shirt project in the past as something we could potentially do down the line. I’m willing to chip in $100 towards costs getting this done.

4 Likes

Admiral is only holding 1 10 minute auto session every 10 or so years i think

3 Likes

I sent him $700 and my social security number and he signed a gold star greninja for me

5 Likes

I would be in for an autograph exchange!

Or would contribute to t-shirts

And loved the e4 badges that were made a few years back and would contribute to those.

2 Likes

same
and/or chip in towards the signature shipping efforts.

Unfortunately the secondary market has dissuaded me from future public signings indefinitely. The auction prices for my signatures are heartbreaking to see.

(If you want a sig dm me :grin: I’ll send one to whomever as long as it is reciprocated.)

5 Likes

what if it takes over a year :confounded:

1 Like

How does this sound. $xxx ($15?, depends on the shipping strategy) to sign up. The money will go to return shipping and whatever leftover can be put to offset the expenses of running the site. If @Slade wants to help, he can collect autos from US members and I can receive international members. They will all be forwarded to me, I will assemble the packages and I can ship them back out to everyone

Considerations:

• to participate, you will need to buy at least one card for every other person participating (plus a couple extra for backup, if a return package gets lost)
  • if I am doing the return shipping, it will likely be untracked
  • it might take a while, since we cannot send until 100% of the participants are received by me, plus another 1-5 weeks to get back to you
  • given the last point, there might be a requirement that you have to ship out by xxx date
2 Likes

To keep costs manageable, could we have participants source cards, and send them out at their cost (that way, they also receive cards at no cost to them)? Would be totally fine with signed commons (over paying a couple bucks per card, multiplied by dozens of participants).

This sounds great though – airmail is usually pretty reliable + quick between CONUS + Canada (a little slower to Asia/Europe).

Edit: W.r.t the first point – it might be easier to assemble an all-to-all exchange vs. picking certain autos/signatures to purchase (e.g. if someone wants to sign+send cards with a unit price of $60 [extreme example], it may make that card prohibitively expensive for some)

Got it Let’s do it! (@smpratte (So that you read this))
@PFM To start this off, I will put up the Topic “The Great E4 Signature Exchange” in a day or two that will include Surveys to get an accurate count of all participants in this E4 Fundraiser. These surveys will have a life span of a couple weeks to a month to get everyone that wants to participate accounted for. All funds raised will strictly go back into E4 and the community.
Final details on this fundraiser will be released in the next week.
@PFM I need to talk to you over Discord to discuss this further if you are available.

2 Likes

The responsibility for sourcing the cards and sending them is on each person. They can choose common cards or $10 cards if they really want, but the $10 might become $300 if 30 people want to participate. There’s also no requirement that all cards be the same from one person, you could just open a few packs and sign literally every card you pull if you wanted to.

The money would be for return shipping. If I sent out 30 tracked packages it would cost me >$500. If I were to charge $20 each and send untracked, 30 people participating would cover shipping and about 4 months of operating the website

2 Likes

Sweet! I think I misunderstood your initial comment then. Sounds great – if you need any help organizing, happy to volunteer with whatever manual labor is required :slight_smile:

Isnt my auto rare? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Id say swolepokes is my rarest :pray:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: -=The E4 Signature Exchange=-