I GOT SCAMMED - FAKE 1st edition charizard base from ebay.

I’ve just been scammed on ebay.

Seller had an auction running with real images.

Seller stopped the auction and created a Buy it now listing. So I could purchase.

Package 1 - Received first has safety pins inside.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCMowvZjVlY

Package 2 - Received Fake 1st edition charizard base
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nim2I5lz_5I

Post name in the ebay ban thread! Hope you purchased with buyers protection, what a filthy scam.

@simplestacker,
That’s brutal. Can you post a link to the listing for us?

1 Like

That’s shitty! At least you are covered through eBay.

Why did they send you safety pins?! I love your reaction in the video :joy:

What was the sellers excuse for the first package?

Paypal funds were being held.

They said they wanted to get the money released.

**Ebay seller:**yu-gi-hoe

Now they are offering a refund of 50%

1 Like

Can we have sellers name please?

That was so unfortunate.

Edit: just saw the seller, sorry man :slightly_frowning_face:

50% refund for not giving you your product? What are they smoking? :joy:

4 Likes

How much did you pay?

(Should be first warning if you got it for cheap)

3 Likes

Pretty sure I see a few fake 1st edition charizards on the uk eBay a few days ago, my eyes lit up at first thinking someone had listed it not knowing what the value of the card was, until I checked their 0 percent feedback and was sure they was fake listings, when I checked sold items it seems loads of fakes have been sold over the last few months … hope you get your money back mate

Link to listing:

rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5575502441&toolid=10001&campid=5338532980&customid=&mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fitm%2FShadowless-1st-Edition-Charizard-Base-Set-Wizards-of-The-Coast-Pokemon-1999-2000-%2F184086021282

I realised I actually messaged about this very listing asking the seller for close up pictures, they never responded. Now we know why…

1 Like

Start a refund immediately, it will be an open and shit case, then leave negative feedback. easy

6 Likes

The individual selling these fake zards is the same one selling fake high ends copies of trophies. he has put a lot into the market, they all have the same holo pattern although there not holo

3 Likes

Why does the government not prosecute these thieves? Does theft not matter if the victims are people who like Pokémon cards? It’s ridiculous.

Actually I’ll answer my own question. It’s in large part because we, as a community, are too dismissive of the impact of scammers and don’t report the criminals to law enforcement.

2 Likes

Only one big banker went to jail for the 2008 financial crisis - one of the biggest thefts in American history. They don’t care.

2 Likes

Yes, but it’s a combination of law enforcement not caring and our community being too dismissive of it. We can’t even *hope* for the thieves to be prosecuted unless we make an organized effort to report thieves to law enforcement.

^ do this right now. Dont bother messaging them to work it out. If they sent a different card from the photo it was very clearly done on purpose

4 Likes

Sorry this happened to you man. Definitely do the things listed above. Not to add salt to the wound but I don’t think the zard in the listing was real. Contact eBay ASAP.

3 Likes

This guy is banned from E4. They also lost their youtube because PSA’s legal team went after him for making fake psa cases. Just go through the ebay process and don’t communicate with him at all. You are entirely in the right.

9 Likes

To add to this: He has recently kicked up his scam efforts with a new wind on social media. I’ve seen him active on FaceBook, IG, and YouTube DMs in the last couple weeks after laying low for a long time. He is still selling fake PSA-graded cards, along with the fake singles.

1 Like